Feb. ScubaBoard KeyLargo Getaway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...so now lets start doing the "good weather dance" and hope the wind stays down. Don't want to get into the expense and time of driving down, just to get blown out. Cool weather I can stand (it's a lot colder in Okeechobee than in Key Largo) but 6-7' seas is another matter.

Glad that I got a couple others to get interested in this opportunity!

Look forward to seeing you folks in February.

Dang, if I would have only known about this sooner. I have 8 people coming down Feb 17-22 and have already booked the 18-19 up in the FLL area and then on the 21-22, we head to keys for 3 tank dives on each day. We will be doing the Duane, SG, & Benwood on Monday (21st) and the Bibb and a double Eagle on Tuesday (22). Flying home on Wednesday.

Let's all cross our fingers for good weather. (Makes mental note to pay more attention to this thread in the future)

Seems that the weather this weekend for our six dives is supposed to be PERFECT! Highs in the 80's, sunny skies, low winds!! If the vis is good, we have "chosen well" and should have great diving!!!!

Sorry I'm going to miss you guys tomorrow... My son just moved in with us this past week and we're helping him settle in and get started with a new job. Ah, the joys of continuing parenthood. It does look like a good weekend though - finally Mother Nature may be settling down and give us good conditions for weekend diving. Have Fun Everyone..We wish we were there with you!

Well - -how was it?

Two dives on the Grove with NO CURRENT and nearly flat sea conditions. An uncrowded boat on Saturday morning. Two dives on the reef in the afternoon, and found a couple lobesters, only one was a 'keeper' and Netmage had the license, so he took it home.

EXCELLENT conditions Sunday morning with FLAT seas. First dive deep, on the Duanne in ideal conditions with great swimthoughs and a LONG second dive on Molassas Reef with good company. Boat was full (10 divers) this morning but didn't seem all that crowded because of the way they load the boat in stages.

By the by, KeyLargoBrent did a great job with dive briefings and running the dives and Capt. Glenn was a lot of fun to talk to, even if he didn't aways know where he was going (just kidding...I know he can read a GPS!)

I can't wait to find the time to do this weekend again. I had a great time!

Tractor Tom

That lobster sure was tasty. I was a good host and split the tail w/ my brother... Conditions on the water were awesome. Saturday was 2-3's outside the reef, minimal current. The surge on the reef didn't help me much as I was constantly feeding the fishes from an overactive late night.

Sunday I returned to normal and we had phenominal conditions on the Duane, 6-12" as I took the role of tour guide through the main decks. Zero current on the wreck. Followed by a great dive on Molasses Reef (#8 ball, hole in the wall).

Sounds like you guys had a great time - glad to hear it. That package looks pretty cool too. I'll definitely have to free up some time to join in on the fun.

Glad to hear it was a good trip.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom