Feed the fish please!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Folks I took a student to Dewey Short Dam on Table Rock Lake in Missouri today. The fish were SO hungry that a rather large striper bass tried to make a meal out of my glove on the 2nd dive!

So, if you're diving Dewey Short, take a bag of frozen peas or fish pellets (if you can keep them dry) and feed the poor fish. The fishermen are using lures and not live bait in that area, so they are looking for food.

Also, TBR conditions update Vis: roughly 5-10 feet until you get deeper than 15ft, then it opens up a bit as you get deeper. Temp: 58 degrees at 20ft near the dam, 56 degrees once you headed to more open water.

Thanks for the update on the lake conditions. My dive buddy and myself are planning on trying a dive in a couple of weeks. I will try to pick up some peas also, I hate when they try to eat the divers:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom