Feedback on IST

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bebo

Contributor
Reaction score
Feedback on IST
Can I please have some feedback on the IST brand (wetsuits and regulators) from people who owns, owned or have reference about it?.
Thank you .
:)

bebo once bubbled...
Feedback on IST
Can I please have some feedback on the IST brand (wetsuits and regulators) from people who owns, owned or have reference about it?.
Thank you .
:)

You need to see this:

http://www.scubadiving.com/article/1,7424,2-0-0-279-6-3X5X7X8X9X10X11X12X13-10,00.html

Basically the conclusion is that, in any case, these two IST regulators are not fit for use.

Other IST regulators have had better results on Rodales tests. You can draw your own conclusions but I wouldn't buy one.

R..

Thx! I apreciate it!

Well, I have an IST BCD....I like it, it has never given me any problems, but I am going to get rid of it and move to a BP/W before too long.

There's nothing wrong with it. I've used it on about 80 dives, and it has never even hiccuped. The only think I don't like is that there is only 1 cam strap for the tank

one of many "far east" manufacturers and marketers.

The "dirty little secret" is that folks like these make a lot of the gear and gear components that are used in various branded products.

Just like the state of electronics years ago, some of their stuff is a real stinker. But also like that industry, the far east folks learn fast, and there is a very real possibility that in a few years they will be making the best gear available in the marketplace for a price that can't be touched by the "US" or "EU" manufacturers.

Right now my biggest concern would be a supply of service parts, as many dealers will be loathe to work on these things, simply because they cut into their "locked up" market. So you may need to be able to source parts, and so far, IST is not supplying them to the open consumer marketplace. I have talked to them about this, but there is a significant language problem, and the US offices are somewhat detached from their manufacturing and policy-making folks over in the far east..... pretty typical for a company HQd over there.

Great, keep it coming!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom