Question First regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the OP is only going to dive warm tropical water within recreational limits and has no plans to ever get into tech diving, then why not a Scubapro MK2 evo with it’s paired R195, then buy an additional G260 and use that as the primary and move the R195 as the backup. Get a simple G/B SPG on the left hip and a wrist computer of his choice. This is what I would do if I was in his shoes.

If the OP is only going to dive warm tropical water within recreational limits and has no plans to ever get into tech diving, then why not a Scubapro MK2 evo
Yea what you are saying is absolutely right.

I do not want to buy a piston regulator, that's why I went for the MK19. Normally I would have chosen the MK17 but I read here multiple times that it already has been discontinued in the US?!

It is so hard not to go overboard in buying a regulator especially because there is hardly any difference in the price if you check the internet for a bit.

Yea what you are saying is absolutely right.

I do not want to buy a piston regulator, that's why I went for the MK19. Normally I would have chosen the MK17 but I read here multiple times that it already has been discontinued in the US?!
For rec diving, if you do not like pistons (why?), I would suggest the Scubapro Mk11.
Very similar to MK17, sealed, but without the second environmental protection (which is useful for ice-cold water only).
Cheaper and easier to service, too.
Regarding the Mk17 evo, I have no info that it will be discontinued. And if this will happen, then it is a very good reason for buying one (or two) while still available.
After discontinuing, Scubapro supports their regs for 30-40 years minimum...

The MK17 was discontinued in the US market only. It is still going strong in the EMEA market no issues. Still in the newest catalog from Scubapro.

Why not piston?

Regarding the Mk17 evo, I have no info that it will be discontinued. And if this will happen, then it is a very good reason for buying one (or two) while still available.
SP shut down MK17 evo sales in the US more than a year ago. Sorry, not sorry, they sez. Buy the oversized and equally heavy MK19 they sez. No fracking way would I get that monstrous pile of [fill in the blank with your own choice of derisive obscenity].

MK11 is great and you can still get the MK17, but improved with pretty blue plastic with a white "H" on it. Halcyon H50-D.

Honestly, as I really really dislike cold, I will never see the need for iceproofing the MK17 provides, and while it is at heart really an MK11, it keeps saltwater out of some parts the MK11 is open to. But the MK11 is so cute. And comes in Titanium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom