Ferry question Dumaguete to Tagbilaran

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehe, I think what Matt means is that you cannot get a flight to/from Duma from/to anywhere else in the Philippines BUT manila. :)

(essentially you agree with each other)

yup! but i just love how we can disagree to agree around here.. and still be friends! :rofl3:

We will be in Dumaguete this Feb and we are planning to catch the ferry from Dumaguete to Tagbilaran during our trip. We were told by the resort we have booked in Dumaguete that we most likely won't be able to get tickets the day of travel because they will be sold out. I went on to Ocean Jet's website and tried to reserve tickets for this ferry trip, but although they offer this route, they don't have it as an option for reservations. Only Tagbilaran to Dumaguete, not the other way around. I tried to contact Ocean Jet but have had no luck getting a response. Do I need to buy these tickets in advance? If so, will I be able to get two tickets when we arrive in Dumaguete 4 days prior to ferry trip? Are there any other options besides Ocean jet or flying to get from Dumaguete to Tagbilaran?
Thanks for the help in advance!

You will be ok if you get the tickets 4 days prior to departure. You may even be ok getting the ticket on dy of travel, but why risk it?

Took OJ Cebu-Tag-Dumaguete on Nov 1, 2008 (Holy week) - Ferry was full.
Took OJ Siquijor-Duma-Tag-Cebu on Nov 4 and there were lots of empty seats.

Have fun.

Took OJ Cebu-Tag-Dumaguete on Nov 1, 2008 (Holy week) - Ferry was full.

They moved Holy week? :eyebrow:

Holy week is the Easter holidays (March) and All Souls/All Saints day (Nov 1)

These holidays and Christmas/New Year are the worst times to travel around the islands...

Avoid these days if you can.

Back
Top Bottom