Fiji diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dive Bum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Leaving on Saturday for Viti Levu Fiji. Staying at Volivoli Beach Resort and diving with Ra Divers. Any info on the current and water temp would be nice

My group is leaving for Volivoli soon. Do you have any wisdom for diving with Ra-Divers and what to do when your not diving.

Have you seen the news today about the cyclone and flooding there? I think the problem is winding down, but it was a significant problem.

Have a group From Helena Scuba stuck in Beqa.
They are saying it is likely they cannot get out before Tomorrow
Heavy flooding everywhere, all roads closed...etc.

If you are able to make it there just know that Volivoli is out in the middle of no where. You will be able to take some tours but there is nothing else around there. Just dive and relax if you guys can get there!
My group is leaving for Volivoli soon. Do you have any wisdom for diving with Ra-Divers and what to do when your not diving.

We leave in around 4 weeks. So hopefully things will be ready to go and somewhat back to normal. Yes, Volivoli is in the middle of nowhere. I hoping we can visit the schools, horse back ride in the area and dive as much as possible. Do you have any favorite spots in the sleigh waters?

---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 11:57 AM ----------

Just got word today that Volivoli was not hurt by the rain and winds.

I think you mean the Bligh waters! Mellow Yellow is a great dive! Black Magic is also great! There are a lot of cool dives out there and the viz for us was crystal clear. We have been 2x and the best viz was in August and it was still good( but not as pristine) in September! Have fun!
We leave in around 4 weeks. So hopefully things will be ready to go and somewhat back to normal. Yes, Volivoli is in the middle of nowhere. I hoping we can visit the schools, horse back ride in the area and dive as much as possible. Do you have any favorite spots in the sleigh waters?

---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 11:57 AM ----------

Just got word today that Volivoli was not hurt by the rain and winds.

Back
Top Bottom