Fiji final decisions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Booked Beqa for 6 nights and Volivoli for 7 nights deciding to save island hopping air trips to Tavuni for next visit.
I was at Volivoli in March. I really liked it and planning a return trip and adding Beqa for some shark diving. How did you like Beqa and Volivoli?

I was at Volivoli in March. I really liked it and planning a return trip and adding Beqa for some shark diving. How did you like Beqa and Volivoli?
I loved both places. Beqa was more remote and was a long way to get to after the LAX to NAD plane ride. Once we arrived it was really paradise. Food was great, staff amazing and our deluxe oceanfront burre was super nice with great finishings. Water pressure was low in the shower but for an off the grid experience it's quite posh. Volivoli was amazing as well, the staff just as incredible as Beqa. The resort is more polished and you pay for that in the price of drinks. (Make good use of happy hours). I thought the diving at sites out in the Bligh was amazing and I'd not hesitate to return even if the boat rides were quite long. Getting to where only live aboards go was incredible. If I were to go to Beqa again I'd go in July when the water has better viz, more tigers at the shark feed (we 'only' had two which was incredible). When the diving in Beqa was good and we had decent viz and low current, I thought what we saw was EXCELLENT. This was not most dives we did and the guides told us in July the weather is better and we can get out to the outer side of the reef which has good walls. Overall conditions diving at Voli were better and I had some truly incredible dives on Mellow Yellow. Food at Voli was really really good and wins between the two for taste and variety. Beqa feels like a castaway island and Voli feels like a resort. Both amazing, both different.

I joined Tuna on this trip. I agree with everything he said. A great trip and would do it again. Getting to hang with Tiger Sharks is beyond words. Both places were very inviting and the people lovely. The only thing I personally would do different is reverse the 2 locations and do Beqa 2nd. I really enjoyed the remoteness vibe Beqa offers.

Back
Top Bottom