Fiji in 6 weeks, what's the water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Triggerman, my wife and I are headed to Beqa Lagoon Apr 1 - 10. If you are staying there then I guess we'll be doing some dives together. We will be the people from Texas. Never been and can't wait to go. Hoping to get some decent pics.

Hi tedement
When you get there look us up, I will be with a group of 14 people from the Houston area there till the 3rd. Where in texas are you all from?

I'm so jealous of you guys getting ready to go there. Not sure if you are looking at the other post about the luggage. But take time to get to know the workers and the group that entertains at dinner. They take a few people back to their house to share in a kava ceremony with the other workers and some locals. Even if you don't like the kava its still great to spend time with them outside of the resort. Just don't bring it up around the resort managers as they aren't supposed to do that but its pretty amazing to have them bring you into their house and share in part of their life and culture. And if they let you know that they are going to have dinner at the house one of the nights skip your normal meal because the chicken and pork they make is amazing.

That sounds so cool I can't wait. While you were there did you hear anything about a Typhoid Outbreak?

No I only heard about that after I got home. No one in the resort came down with anything all week. I would guess they didnt get hit with it in that area.

Hey Triggerman, my wife and I are headed to Beqa Lagoon Apr 1 - 10. If you are staying there then I guess we'll be doing some dives together. We will be the people from Texas. Never been and can't wait to go. Hoping to get some decent pics.

That is great Triggerman. Maybe well see each other down below...:) Where in Fiji are you guys staying?

We are at Waidroka Bay resort on the mainland, we have dives booked for beqa lagoon!!! Should be a blast!!! Can't wait to see some sharks!!!
Four days and counting till we leave....:D

Yo' HFD838, I am so happy to hear there will be another group from Texas there. I live in the Dallas area and grew up in north Louisiana. We are counting down the days and I am already dreaming about it every night. Seriously.

Just returned from Wananavu. The water was 82 - 84 degrees. Poor visibility because of Cyclone Tomas

I used a 3 mil shorty last April and it was just right. It is best to do Beqa first then the Bligh waters. Diving in the Bligh waters was sooo much better.

We are at Waidroka Bay resort on the mainland, we have dives booked for beqa lagoon!!! Should be a blast!!! Can't wait to see some sharks!!!
Four days and counting till we leave....:D

Hey Trigger, I'm going to Waidroka in October; we're taking over the entire resort.

Would love to hear your comments when you return; hope you had a GREAT week.

I used a 3 mil shorty last April and it was just right. It is best to do Beqa first then the Bligh waters. Diving in the Bligh waters was sooo much better.

I agree completely, but don't stop there...take it up another notch by visiting the island of Taveuni and diving "The Rainbow Reef" - PHENOMENAL!!!

We returned yesterday - a skin was perfect for us. We tried wearing a 3 mil shorty the first day but it was just too hot :D

Back
Top Bottom