Fiji in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mich327

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yes, I know it's RAINY, but is it a bad time to plan on diving?

Thanks!

hellooooo - anyone, bueller, bueller?

Just wondering if it's not worth heading to Fiji because of the likelihood of bad weather in Jan...or if it will likely be just fine for diving. Need to book rather soon :)

Thanks!

if it is raining, there will be run-off. That means reduced vis, especially if you are land based.

I'd wait until June/July.

if it is raining, there will be run-off. That means reduced vis, especially if you are land based.

I'd wait until June/July.

Spot on advice.

All the best, James

Two other things to consider. 1) January is cyclone season, and 2) Polically unstable there at the moment, so if you go, stay away from Suva. Nadi, Coral Coast and outer islands no problem.

Thanks all. I guess nobody has tried diving in Jan? (and yes, will stay away from Suva)

New York/Shanghai? That doesn't match on SO many levels. If you are in Shanghai, then maybe Sipadan could be your next destiny?

Last edited:
Zod, I'm currently an expat (to explain the NY/Shanghai thing). My hubby went to Sipadan recently (without me), so I think he'd rather go elsewhere this time

How about Truk/Guam? Or maybe Vanuatu? The President Coolidge and Million Dollar Point are up there. Bokissa Resort is also good value for money at Santo.

Back
Top Bottom