Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SP:
Thanks for the offer ofthe battery holders Amber, I think I'll just opt for plastic bags and electrical tape for this trip. Better add sparky tape to my list. Does Wavanu have 220v power sockets? As you can see I've done bucket loads of research on where we're going. Got caught up playing wretched word games on facebook last night instead of getting organised...

You might want to make it painters' tape rather than electrical. Electrical (at least what we call electrical or duct tape here in the States) can leave sticky residue on the battery, which can futz up your connection. Painter's tape is designed to come off cleanly, without residue. You just don't want the contacts touching one another and discharging, and painter's tape does a good job at that. Electrical is better, but more of a pain to get clean.

Yes, Wananavu is 220v with Aus. style plugs :)

Fiji bound.....woo hoo.....last work day.....:blinking: tomorrow I fly......

check out these shots on the Nai'a a couple of weeks ago
NAI'A Liveaboard Scuba Diving

I want to see a Chinese Dragon Nudi :D

Why oh why did I decide to work today?

Hmmm, Amber has mentiond 14Kg in an email. Looks like they allow two 7kg bags for business class. Economy is only one 5 kg bag. We were planning on carrying on a backpack and a hard camera case each, like we always do everywhere else.

Me too and a 3 mm just in case.

Still no wedding photos for me.

Bruce, I posted them...see the Will and Becky wedding pic thread.

Hmmm, Amber has mentiond 14Kg in an email. Looks like they allow two 7kg bags for business class. Economy is only one 5 kg bag. We were planning on carrying on a backpack and a hard camera case each, like we always do everywhere else.

Uh yeh...I have my camera bag and then my backpack with my laptop (for photo processing people...I AM NOT working on vacation) and some books...I think it's one carry-on and a personal item like every other airline...the personal item being the backpack, purse, laptop back, etc. Actually none of them give you two carry-ons to be technical.

It looks like Air Pacific may have changed their carry-on allowance. However, we should be grandfathered in since we have had the group air since last September. But this is yet another reason to only take down your smaller "personal" item when you check it and drop your heavier item with the grup upstairs. We should be fine.

Ann, thanks for the link to the new Divemaster Diary. I know some of the folks at FLUPS, and they're a great group of photographers. Looks like they had a terrific week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom