Fiji recommendations for more than a couple of dives per day.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thumbsplitter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m hoping those of you who are familiar with the various dive ops in Fiji can help my wife and I plan our upcoming trip in August of 2014.
We plan on spending about a week diving in Fiji, and would like to do a fair amount of diving each day (3-4 dives). However, when we began to check the packages at most of the resorts, it looks like the vast majority have 2-tank days.

We looked into the liveaboards in the area, which we assume are more geared to the amount of diving we are looking for. Unfortunately, the Nai’a is off whale watching, and I’ve seen some iffy reviews for the others.

Can anyone recommend a dive op / resort that caters a little more to divers who are looking to spend more of their vacation underwater? A variety of dive types would also be a plus.

Thanks!

Kadavu Mantana Resort has unlimited unguided shore dives and night dives to go along with the 2 tank dive trip package. The Fiji Siren is a very nice boat, if you haven't looked into that one yet but it is quite expensive.

I represent Naigani Island Resort (Fiji) in the US. Our dive packages typically include two tank morning dive trips and unlimited unguided shore diving (There is a spotted Eagle ray that appears to have decided to become a resident of our house reef and a black tip shark as well). The shore diving is very easy (keep the reef on your right on the first part of the dive and on the left on your way back, but if you prefer to have a guide the charge (I believe) is F$10 which is a little over $5 in US money.

Depending on when you want to come, and how many divers want to do an afternoon or night dive, those can always be added. We are a small boutique operation and so nearly anything is possible with the right notice and planning.

Lots of beautiful bommies and peaks and pinnacles to dive with sharks on nearly every dive. These dives sites are all within about 15 minutes or less of the resort. We also dive Wakaya Passage (manta rays and a good chance of seeing hammerheads) and E6 (one of the most famous dive sites in Fiji) but those are an hour away and entail a fuel surcharge. Wakaya and E6 are primarily wall dives with some current to drift on.

If you are interested in more information you can PM me here or email me at naiganiusa@gmail.com

Wananavu offered us three dive days to the outer reefs when were there. So did Ono Island resort on Kadavu, but I thought the diving in Bligh water was superior. Wananavu also have the advantage of a house reef . Chris and Vicky who run the dive shop are very accommodating and will do anything they can to make your trip a memorable one.

I’m hoping those of you who are familiar with the various dive ops in Fiji can help my wife and I plan our upcoming trip in August of 2014.
We plan on spending about a week diving in Fiji, and would like to do a fair amount of diving each day (3-4 dives).

Can anyone recommend a dive op / resort that caters a little more to divers who are looking to spend more of their vacation underwater? A variety of dive types would also be a plus.

Thanks!

Hi Thumbsplitter

If you would like information on the Fiji Siren please pm us and we'd be happy to provide a list of available dates for our 7-night itineraries to Lomaiviti and Taveuni Islands. We do offer 3-4 dives per day, excepting the final dive day which is typically just 2 am dives, due to no-fly rules, and an afternoon spent dolphin watching / cruising back to our home port at the Volivoli Beach Resort.

We look forward to hearing from you,
best wishes from all at the Siren Fleet

Thumbsplitter, I sent you a pm with my experience in Fiji. Let me know if you received it or not. I want to make sure you do...
Mike

Hi Thumbsplitter,
We're happy you're thinking about visiting Fiji for your dive holiday. I'll have to thank Heg for the nice recommendations. We do offer the option to do three dives even though our packages are all designed around 2. We don't like to prebook 3 dives due to weather variability and peoples personal preferences. The majority of divers like to do 2 dives then relax. But we can work out a plan to allow you to make three dives. Just let us know what you want and we'll work to make it happen.

Cheers,

Bula!
You are right that most offer only 2 dive per day packs. The shore diving options are not uncommon and good value but often, not surprisingly, the house reef is not that great. Depends on what you want I guess. The only real way to get 3 or 4 dives per day is on a liveaboard. Look at Naia, Siren as posted already - a very new boat so not proved yet but looks great on paper, and Island Dancer II (locally known as Sera-ni-wai). There is also the Tui Tai based i the north of Fiji which is a great boat but more of a cross between a floating spa and a dive boat. None of them cheap though at around US$500 per day per person. Good value if you are doing 4 dives a day though.
A lot depends on your budget and type of diving you are after.
Hope that helps but PM me if you want more details.
Greg

Try the house reef at Wananavu! They carried all of our stuff to the steps and they were there waiting when we got back! We saw some cool stuff and a large school of barracudas as well! We did do 3 dives some days and they also offered night dives! Have fun! You will love Mere ( dive guide!)

Back
Top Bottom