Fill Express...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back into town after being gone a week, but settled up with him before I left. He gave me credit for the full value on my gas balance towards an item he then discounted. I certainly have no complaints and am sorry to see them go. DDA says he'll still be around...

Someone mentioned to me that Dixie Divers bought some of his equipment and may be helping fill the void. In the meanwhile there's Force E and Gold Coast is working on being able to supply Nitrox soon.

I have no idea where to go for higher O2 deco fills.

Any suggestions?

Dixie Divers did indeed purchase some of the equipment. They have also installed a state of the art digital trimix blending machine. They are not ready to start pumping trimix yet, but getting very close.

C'est dommage

Wow! Just ran into this thread and am surprised. I am on their mailing list for invitations for trips and things, and it seems like I was still getting invitations recently. It was not long ago that I was doing a long decompression stop with Mark and he wrote something on his wrist slate: "I just bought Fill Express." That certainly came out of nowhere, and so did this.

Didier is being more than fair. He's matching dollar for dollar merchandise for the balance on your fill card. If you want to pay cash everything in the store is 50% off. But better hurry, I was there this morning and things are already getting picked over. He's open til 7pm tonight and 9a-7pm tomorrow, 7a-9a Monday. (Still regular winter store hours for now). He sold part of his compressor equipment to be shipped out Monday so if you want one last fill, better call first.

Yes, I stopped by shortly after i saw this and the store was pretty much empty, he only had a few AL80s. I talked to him and he was in good spirits, I wasn't. :(

---------- Post added December 26th, 2014 at 03:21 PM ----------

I have no idea where to go for higher O2 deco fills.

Any suggestions?

Pompano Dive Center has O2 and Tmx

---------- Post added December 26th, 2014 at 03:24 PM ----------

Wow! Just ran into this thread and am surprised. I am on their mailing list for invitations for trips and things, and it seems like I was still getting invitations recently. It was not long ago that I was doing a long decompression stop with Mark and he wrote something on his wrist slate: "I just bought Fill Express." That certainly came out of nowhere, and so did this.

Mark sold his part of the biz to DDA about a year or so ago... Marks was there helping out clean up when I stopped by.

This is such a bummer.. I don't know where I am gonna go to get fills. Fill Express, erh Go Dive Florida was my dive shop of choice for a few years now. Hoping there is still a thing or two left that I can trade for my fill card. The shop closed by the time I heard about it and if I recall, my fill card was pretty full when I left at the end of Sept. Was hoping to use it up when I got back in Feb.
But the tone of this thread, it sounds like the shop is closed up tight and the end has come. Farewell GDF. You will be missed...

Just now seeing this, very sad news. Even worse news, I guess Im out the $80 I had on a fill card...no answer on business phone.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Tough on the fill card. That's why I started this thread. Since I had just started yet another fill card there, I called my credit card company and they reversed the charge so I didn't have to shuffle off to the ghetto.
I do have to wonder just how difficult it would have been for the shop to call people with air cards and gift card balances and let them know about the closing. Guess we'll never know...

This is such a bummer.. I don't know where I am gonna go to get fills. Fill Express, erh Go Dive Florida was my dive shop of choice for a few years now. Hoping there is still a thing or two left that I can trade for my fill card. The shop closed by the time I heard about it and if I recall, my fill card was pretty full when I left at the end of Sept. Was hoping to use it up when I got back in Feb.
But the tone of this thread, it sounds like the shop is closed up tight and the end has come. Farewell GDF. You will be missed...

Jenny, DDA will still be around SFL and he's on FB too send him a text or a message.
I started using PDC for fills, they are past US1 over the bridge.

Thanks Wiz. I was in contact with him on FB though the GDF website, but (mainly because of my life right now) haven't been able to do much..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom