Fin experiment with totally unexpected results.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But do try swimming in a drysuit with no fins. It is great fun (for the bystander)(or, should I say byfloater).

Add +2 votes for Aeris Accel.
Wifey and I just did 30 dives in Bonaire with our new Aeris Accel and they are light years better than our Tusa Z2s. Lighter, smaller, cheaper, and they swim better, too. Especially in light current. The thin (cheap) rubber strap is perfect and there's no need for anything more complicated. Bonus: they fit in our carryons, so combined with our Zeagle Express Tech travel BCDs, we don't need to check bags an

My Aeris Accel's were defective. One fin could bend nearly in half, one fin was very stiff. I figured this out in Cozumel- Glad I brought two pairs of fins.

Still waiting on Leisure Pro to replace them...

Fins can be very personal depending on kick style, prevalent current and especially if the diver is putting himself/herself in awkward positions for photography. For instance, a lot of small and lightly built divers like the Tusa Imprex range but it does not appear to suit bigger people.

8 years ago I bought a pair of Deep Outdoors Sixgills fins (later APS Mantaray, now Hollis F2) on a whim and they were still in their original packing when I took them to a Red Sea liveaboard trip. Best £99 (about $160 at the time) I ever spent and after 431 dives they are finally showing signs of wear and tear. I have already decided to replace them with F2s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom