Fin keepers to attach to BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been seeing "fin keepers" like this on more divers in the San Diego area. Considering the walks that we can have from gear-up site into the water, they look like they make it easier.

One less thing to carry, I guess.

Anyone tried these:

BC Fin Keepers

Those are cool. If you have a BC with a chest clip you can feed that through the fin straps too.

Just another useless stuff that causes possible entanglement and rather problems than a profit.

Just another useless stuff that causes possible entanglement and rather problems than a profit.

Have to agree, why would you bother and they must surely just bang around while you walk. What is wrong with just carrying them.

Good job I opened the link I couldn't think how "fin keepers" (the ones you put on your feet) could be attached to your BC :D

When I hafta lug around fins, such as rock hopping in rapids I carry a set of jets with a grommet punched into the end of the blade. A caribiner holds them to my belt and they won't get lost while wading or jumping.

I added a 1" stainless steel split ring on to each of my spring straps. Then I use a double ended bolt snap - clip through the split rings on one end, BC D-ring attach with the other end. No entanglement hazard, pretty easy to use, and the parts are useful for other things. More info here: OMS Slipstream Modifications.

Last edited:
for long walks to a shore dive i have a small strap that holds the fins, male and female setup. the fins do not bounce around much while walking. tucks neatly into bc, or sometimes i attach my gauge retractor to the device after entering the water. i bought the strap at scuba toys for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom