fin poll

Which fin would you chose?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound:
Whats wrong with Black Tiger? That seems like an advanced and more powerful version of your standard JET FIN! Or am I wrong?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any similarity between Jetfins and the Dacor fin.

Snow shoes :07:

glbirch:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any similarity between Jetfins and the Dacor fin.
Jets and the Dacors are nothing alike. The Dacor is a Mares Volvo in disguise- not know to work well in currents.

H2Andy:
split fins don't work too well when doing flutter, mod flutter, and frog kicks,
which is all i do these days, seems like

Gotta disagree on this one ... split fins work exceptionally well with flutter and mod flutter ... and passingly well with frog kicks. At least, that was my experience with my old Bio Fins.

What splits don't do well is maneuver ... helicopter turns are mushy (at best). Reverse kicks are darn near impossible. Any type of sculling kick doesn't provide the kind of glide you'd get with a basic blade. But going forward in a more-or-less straight line ... especially using a flutter kick ... is what this type of fin is designed to do very effectively.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

zooms I've heard are good but many other better splits (apollos and SP TJs)

all you are asking is which mediocre fin would others choose.

If you are hooked into being average then doesn't really matter on choice then

iiiick. AAAANNNYTHING but slit fins!!! Tried 'em once and absolutely hated 'em. Besides they are for "wimps" hhehehe

mempilot:
neither. I would pound my feet flat with a hammer and fin better barefoot after the pain wore off.
Duct tape over my toes and fingers :wink:

Big Blue One:
all you are asking is which mediocre fin would others choose.

If you are hooked into being average then doesn't really matter on choice then

I dont think you read the post very well.

Those are the ONLYYYY TWWWOOO FINNNSSSS LEFFTTT IN DAAA WORLLLDDDDD ... HELLOOOOOOOO?????? duh! :monkeydan

glbirch:

Ya.. what I meant was TIGER is your standard fin pretty much with the exception of pivoting blade (which I never tried so I dont know how different it would make)

Back
Top Bottom