fin poll

Which fin would you chose?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound:
I dont think you read the post very well.

Those are the ONLYYYY TWWWOOO FINNNSSSS LEFFTTT IN DAAA WORLLLDDDDD ... HELLOOOOOOOO?????? duh! :monkeydan

Sigh. Yes, we got it. It's an absurd premise that I can't really take seriously. Far better if you had said "I've narrowed my choices down to one of these two fins" for whatever reasons and invited comment on that.

This one really pushes the bounds of the "there are no stupid questions" theory IMO.

I have another question? If you could only choose from Apollo Bio

SeaHound:
There are only 2 fins left in the world. Dacors Black Tiger and Tusa zoom (split fins). Which one will you chose?
Realizing I was obviously having a nightmare, I'd pinch myself so I'd wake up. :D

I'm going to have to try some of these new fangled fins one of these days, if some can be found that don't have cheezy plastic parts on the buckles.

Choosing between these two fins is kinda like choosing between Anna Nicole Smith and Tammy Fay Baker. Why choose? Just run really fast.

mempilot:
Choosing between these two fins is kinda like choosing between Anna Nicole Smith and Tammy Fay Baker. Why choose? Just run really fast.
Hehe. If you don't run fast enough you might be....well lets just say it wouldn't be so 'perty'!

What is wrong with the black tiger?

I have a pair and love them, when running them at WOT (wide open throttle) they haul major butt but take some energy to do so.

I looked at the Mares Volo's they are similar to the black tigers but ARE not the same fin.

flutter modified flutter, helicopter turns, no problems, I like my tigers, I just put spring straps on them tonight and love them that much more now :)

Whats the wear and tear like in black tiger? I have Tigullio Explorers and after 7 dives they look USED!!! With Jets and Rockets (And other rubber fins) you cant tell if the fin is 1 month old or 25 years. Its rubber man.

I've got about 50 dives on my tigers and other than a scratch on the tip from a bus I dove and the fact I hacked em up to get them to spring strap status they look new, I'm sure they don't keep the new look as long as rubber, but hey, I'm not diving them to look pretty :)

One review stated that a one fundamental manufacturing fault with blacks is that while doing flutter kicks, the inside of the fins hit together. So you have to sort of spread ur legs out and flutter to prevent the fins from hitting. Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom