Fin Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick,

I wear a size 12 or 13 shoe and I am currently wearing these bootsPinnacle Aquatics
in a size 12

thanks
Brendan

Hi Brendan,

In a size 12 you would be safe with the XL's. 13's you would probably want to move up to the XXL. This will provide you with enough room to move the springs around to get everything perfectly balanced.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Nick, sound like I need to try a pair on just to be sure.

Brendan

Actually, I have another question, now that I have my fins (which I really love by the way, especially the foot pocket and spring strap, which are perfect). My fins came with some sort of coating on them. Is this something I should remove? Something I should maintain in some way? What is it?

Actually, I have another question, now that I have my fins (which I really love by the way, especially the foot pocket and spring strap, which are perfect). My fins came with some sort of coating on them. Is this something I should remove? Something I should maintain in some way? What is it?

DJ,

The coating on your Hollis fins is a protectant used from our factory to help condition and preserve the rubber. After a few dives this protectant will wear off, but we suggest a periodical wipe down with your favorite silicone spray or armor all.

Happy to hear you recieved everything ok. :wink:

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom