Finally certified...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xsbeech

Registered
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I finally got certified to scuba. I can't say that it was a GREAT experience, simply because of the cold water and the 10 ft of visibility!! But now I am really, really looking forward to diving in Freeport in November.

The really cool part of my check-out dives was that my instructor allowed my husband (already certified) to dive as my buddy, which was really awesome!

So for those who know of my super duper drowning phobia...I think I am cured!

Congratulations! Might suggest - get your own Safety Sausage and Storm Whistle before you dive in the ocean, just in case.

And tell the Dive Guide that you are brand new so he can help you with a smooth start. :wink:

Congratulations to you! For some of us it's a little harder than it is for others. You should be extremely proud of yourself. Now that you have your learners permit, you're off and running.

xsbeech:
2 weeks ago I finally got certified to scuba. I can't say that it was a GREAT experience, simply because of the cold water and the 10 ft of visibility!! But now I am really, really looking forward to diving in Freeport in November.

The really cool part of my check-out dives was that my instructor allowed my husband (already certified) to dive as my buddy, which was really awesome!

So for those who know of my super duper drowning phobia...I think I am cured!

Congratulations. I'm from MN and finished my check-off dives this weekend. We had slightly better visibility but not by much. I was actually very warm in the 7mm wetsuit even to the point that I took a quick dip in the lake after I took the suit off.

It is awesome and cool to see the fish swim up to you.

Back
Top Bottom