Finally getting started!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luck sent!

It will be worth the effort. If you hit a rough spot it has probably surfaced here before. Search or ask but be sure to resolve things.

Pete

Hi and welcome.

As a fellow newbie and a fellow RN I wish you the best. When I was in the OW portion of my class I had killer trouble equalizing my ears. I posted here and was pointed to the streaming video on Dr. Kays diving site. WELL WORTH THE HOUR IT TAKES and I would suggest you watch it before hitting open water.

http://faculty.washington.edu/ekay/

Flatliner,
aka Robert

Thanks for all the well wishes. I was in the pool yesterday and you are all right it was GREAT! I can;t wait to go again and get out of the pool and into the open water. My instructor is AWESOME! She has over 8000 dives to her credit and I know I am in good hands. I didn't have any trouble so far. But I do have water in my rt ear I can't seem to clear. Any suggestions?
I will keep you posted on my progress.

Congrats on getting started! As others have said, you will find a lot of information here. Have you tried Swimmer's Ear to get the water out?

Sometimes I have to shake my head like a horizontal headbanger to get the water out of my ears. Good luck!! I wish I lived as close to the Keys as you do.

AL

I know what you mean. I completed all my pool courses on 3/24. Had a great time in class and just paddling around the pool, can't wait until my check-out dives at Haigh Quarry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom