Finally jumped into the photo craze!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great info so far, and lots of things to try out and learn, thanks guys I appreciate a lot sharing your knowledge with a newbie in photography like me.

Note the P10 is a 2003 model and I got the T10 2006 model, maybe it's more or less the same, not sure, I'm trying to find out if this camera has all the right stuff that was mentioned so far, since the manual is in a CD in PDF format, I'll have to print it and study the manual to learn about this camera. The 31 page instruction manual that came in the box is a piece of crap, shame that Sony didn't included a printed copy like Canon does.

As now, I'm getting used to the controls and trying to figure out diferent settings for diferent conditions.

It's fun to learn a new hobbie from scrap, I now find myself shooting anything anytime and playing with the many settings it has.

For UW, I'll have to wait a couple more weeks until I get medical clearance to dive again (I did a LASIK and the Dr. drystacked me until nov 15), but I'll follow recomendations and learn the to work the camera on land before venturing UW.

For the time being, I got a lot to read from the links in this thread

Thanks and keep those sugestions coming
Mandy

Mandy - according to what I've seen on dpreview, there are no manual settings for aperture or shutter or white balance. That's going to really limit it's usefulness underwater, so you're going to need to be prepared to be happy with more snap shots. Getting close to your subject, as always, is going to be your greatest friend here, I think.

You are also going to have to do some experimenting with the various modes that it does have to see which work best underwater where you are diving. Essentially these are simply factory pre-settings with fixed values for ISO, aperture, shutter etc - you can't change them, but they may be more suitable for different things.

Hopefully you get back in the water soon (I had LASIK ages ago and was only out of the water for a very short time,) and can show us some test shots and let us know what you are finding! I can then add that to the Pink Link so others can determine if this camera will suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom