Finding Nemo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's OK....I stopped by the Disney Store and got a stuffed Nemo, so I don't need a real one. :)

Amber once bubbled...
I finally went and saw Finding Nemo. Definatly going to buy that when it comes out on DVD. Very cute and funny. Although I thought it was kind of a disheartening way to start off a "kids" movie. [/QUOTE

Ever notice how most Disney characters are missing a parent?

Cinderella - no Mom, Dad dies

Snow White - no Mom

Bambi - Mom dies

Fox and the Hound - both orphans

The Rescuers - Little girl is an orphan

Little Mermaid - no Mom

Alladin - Aladin is an orphan, Jasmine - no mom i think

Beauty and the Beast - no Mom

Pinochio - only ends up with a Dad, you'd think if you can make a oy he could have made a wife

Huey, Dewey, and Louie - something had to have happened to their parents cuz they had to go live with Uncle Donald

Jungle Book - orphan

Lion King - Dad dies

Peter Pan - whole island of orphaned kids

I used to work at Disney World and we talk about stuff like that back stage. Can anyone else think of any single Disney parents or orphans.

had parents, supposedly, but where were they? Up above the rabbit hole!

Mary Poppins - 2 parents, but still needed a live-in nanny to take care of the kids.

Interesting, must be something psychological in the attraction Disney has in the "absent parent, kid on their own" format...

sapphire ( a single mom whose daughter cried in "Nemo" )

We dont really know if the mother and other eggs died...

I smell a sequel...

Finding Nemo's Mom and the Thousand other Eggs

Conflict of sequel...Nemo's mom met a new clown fish who has ummm, bigger fins.

The Aussie slant was an unexpected bonus - very funny.

Janaki wanted to let all our fish go when we got home.....

Touch of reality avoidance:

Sharks DO eat fish (as do cuda) so what are sharks who don't eat fish going to eat?......:confused:

EDIT:
I may be wrong but I'm sure the seagulls were saying Mate Mate Mate Mate ..... until the fish got dropped in front of them, when they switched to Mine Mine Mine....

Anyone else hear it that way - or got a copy?

Wendy once bubbled...
[Ever notice how most Disney characters are missing a parent?

I used to work at Disney World and we talk about stuff like that back stage. Can anyone else think of any single Disney parents or orphans.

Lilo -- parents killed in an automobile accident

Grajan once bubbled...
EDIT:
I may be wrong but I'm sure the seagulls were saying Mate Mate Mate Mate ..... until the fish got dropped in front of them, when they switched to Mine Mine Mine....

Anyone else hear it that way - or got a copy?
Yeah! That's what I though they were saying, I think they said both at different times in the movie. Had an argument about it with my fiancee - I said "Mate", she said "Mine" :) Naturally she won.

I finally found Nemo last Saturday with a couple of my Nephews and I must agree that it was a good movie, yet it wasn't as "great" as everyone hyped it up to be.

Nevertheless, they did a great job overall!

Back
Top Bottom