Finding Nemo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, I know I have a problem when I want to go see a frickin cartoon at the movie theatre. Key ingredients: water, fish, and humor....

I'm not afraid to admit it though...the trailers looked funny....we might go see it on Sunday.

:)

It got good reviews and it's the only show in the Avalon Theatre so I'm going too... and I don't even have kids.

Dr. Bill

:mean:

saw it with my kid ( good excuse eh) and had more fun than her (" look, and eagle ray, look a goby etc ).

Should of bought my wide angle, would of had some great shots ! ( strobes will annoy others though )

Just have to wait for b/f to get back from his dive trip ... aren't I considerate?? :D

I went to see it last night and I really liked it a lot. The artists did an incredible job in re-creating the coral reefs, underwater scenes and aquarium shots. Ellen DeGeneris is only mildly annoying, but she was perfectly cast. Albert Brooks, Willem Dafoe and Allison Janney are also extremely good in their roles. And whoever did the voice of Nemo was phenomenal.

There is one scene, however, that will probably cast us scuba divers in a bad light with children. I won't say anymore about it -- you'll have to see for yourself what I'm talking about.

Finding Nemo gets a :thumb: from this reviewer. :)

ScubaTexan once bubbled...

There is one scene, however, that will probably cast us scuba divers in a bad light with children. I won't say anymore about it -- you'll have to see for yourself what I'm talking about.

Finding Nemo gets a :thumb: from this reviewer. :)

Just got home from seeing it & haven't laughed so much in a LONG time!!
Know what you're saying about the scuba diver though...even my 12 year old said something to me about it. Don't think anyone 'cept a diver would pay any attention to it though.

Can't wait til it comes out on DVD!

:)

... to be able to see the movie already!!!
Finding Nemo is only going to be in the theatres here around mid July and yet they're already teasing us mercilessly with trailers. ;-0
I only hope that when I'm finally able to watch it in the theatre, I can stop myself from going on and on with "oh, look at the ..." etc.

Can't wait to watch it...

Well, Carrie and I went to see Nemo today at the 12:30pm show.

I made the poor judgement of going, based on the time, the day, and the show......all key ingredients for KIDS, KIDS, KIDS.

I know, its a cartoon, its sunday, its the afternoon....what was I expecting...regardless I was in shock at the amount of kids surrounding me.

However, that is the most natural form of birth control. I must say they were mostly behaved though. I was very tempted to start kicking the back of the seat of the kid in front of me...he wasnt doing anything wrong, I just thought it would be fun..you know..a twist of roles. :)

Ohh yeah, the movie...err cartoon...I find it funny how they played up the shark in most of the ads, but he has little to do wiht the movie. It was ok though...had some funny moments and excellent animation.

The part about the divers was no big deal...one was taking pictures and the other one was taking fish..big deal....no surprise....lets not kid ourselves, how else do you think the fish and coral end up in stores..DIVERS!

I'm still waiting to here anyone on here talking about the gear configuration of the divers..I think I saw a tangling SPG on one of the divers though...ohh boy. Obviously GUE was not contacted during the making of this movie.

I promised my sister we would see a movie for her birthday... so were going to see this one!!:)

Kayla:)

Back
Top Bottom