Finger Spools - Hi Visibility Yellow Line - 3 Sizes - $16 Each - FREE Shipping!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i pick'd up my 2(of the 7 order'd) from "barrmust"(one of my dive buddies) and i gotta say i cant wait to get 'em wet!!!

Last year a bough a few with the white line on it. I highly recommend these spools. For the price you cant beat it. Im still using the white line, but will re-spool with some #24 hi-vis line once this one starts to get beat up. I must say fast delivery, great quality, highly recommended.

split0101:
Last year a bough a few with the white line on it. I highly recommend these spools. For the price you cant beat it. Im still using the white line, but will re-spool with some #24 hi-vis line once this one starts to get beat up. I must say fast delivery, great quality, highly recommended.

Thanks for the good comments. These with the high visibility yellow line have MUCH better line quality than the white ones. All in all, this is pretty high quality stuff for the price. Thanks again for your comments.

Phil Ellis

CompuDude:
Darn you and your hot deals.

Ordered 3, one of each. And a hanger. :D

We just packed it and UPS is here picking it up now! You should have it in about 5 days. Thanks for your business.

Phil Ellis

I was out of town for work for a couple of days - but my the box was waiting for me when I returned.

So there I was opeining the box and playing with my new toys - great spools, perfect for my SMB.

Where does the $500 fit in? My wife is watching me with a smile on here face and proudly exclaims that if I can get some more gear that I "realy" don't need, she can buy another Coach purse the she really doesn't need!

Oh well, at least I got some new spools.

I got my 2 small and 2 large spools earlier this week - I didn't really need them, but the deal was too good to pass up on. I decided to cut about 10' of line from the small ones and 20' from the large ones to make clipping the double-ender on the spool easier (see the overhead pic; the left one is uncut, the right one has been cut).

I got the 65' spools (or ~50' after I trim the line) for jumping gaps in caves; they take less space in the pocket and gaps I've seen have always been less than 50' (though I guess they do come longer too). The 160' (or ~140' after trimming) are just in case I need to shoot an SMB from below 100' or something else requiring the extra line. I already had some 100' spools, but they are more like 80' spools after I cut the excess line and I thought that might not be enough for some situations.

The double-enders seem to be good quality, though out of the 4 one end of one of them is stiff and sticks sometimes, but as I understand it this type of thing is normal with snaps. i.e. there are always a few bad ones within large batches, so unless you get to test them in person before buying you'll probably get a bad one eventually.

spools_overhead.jpg

spools1.jpg

spools2.jpg

kidsdream:
Where does the $500 fit in? My wife is watching me with a smile on here face and proudly exclaims that if I can get some more gear that I "realy" don't need, she can buy another Coach purse the she really doesn't need!

You know... I think my wife and your wife have been talking and giving each other ideas....

Just be carefull that your wife doesn't start this. I noticed a bill on the credit card bill last night for Dive Sports that I didn't reconize. It turns out that my wife had bought something for me there.... Now if she continues this and gets "equal representation shopping" on here own, I'll go broke!

*Floater*:
I got my 2 small and 2 large spools earlier this week - I didn't really need them, but the deal was too good to pass up on. I decided to cut about 10' of line from the small ones and 20' from the large ones to make clipping the double-ender on the spool easier (see the overhead pic; the left one is uncut, the right one has been cut).

I got the 65' spools (or ~50' after I trim the line) for jumping gaps in caves; they take less space in the pocket and gaps I've seen have always been less than 50' (though I guess they do come longer too). The 160' (or ~140' after trimming) are just in case I need to shoot an SMB from below 100' or something else requiring the extra line. I already had some 100' spools, but they are more like 80' spools after I cut the excess line and I thought that might not be enough for some situations.

The double-enders seem to be good quality, though out of the 4 one end of one of them is stiff and sticks sometimes, but as I understand it this type of thing is normal with snaps. i.e. there are always a few bad ones within large batches, so unless you get to test them in person before buying you'll probably get a bad one eventually.

spools_overhead.jpg

spools1.jpg

spools2.jpg

Hi Floater. I am glad you like you spools, but am dismayed that one of the double enders doesn't work to your satisfaction. Give me a toll-free call and I will get you a new double ender out right away. (800) 601-DIVE. By the way, the photographs do a great justice to these spools. I think they are a great buy for the money. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

PhilEllis:
Hi Floater. I am glad you like you spools, but am dismayed that one of the double enders doesn't work to your satisfaction. Give me a toll-free call and I will get you a new double ender out right away. (800) 601-DIVE. By the way, the photographs do a great justice to these spools. I think they are a great buy for the money. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Thanks Phil.

Just called and he said he'd ship another one out today, which I wasn't expecting since the other double-ender still works; it's just stiff at one end and sticks at times. But I'm liking the customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom