Fins for wet suit and frog kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jakub_Svoboda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'm looking for new fins. I use semi-dry suit and I want good fins for frog kick and all the other stuff like helicopter, backwards kick ... Could someone recommend me any fins, which should be ok for me? Until now I used Sopras Sub Magnifica. THX for your recommendations.

p.s.: sorry for bad EN

Jakub,

1st of all,your english is just fine,don't forget LOT'S of us are not native to that lingo.:D
As for the fins,as I remember your old fins are pretty stiff,not sure haven't seen the Sopras fins for a few years.
But you can do those kicks with allmost any fin. Even with splitfins

Guess it's all up to you,do YOU like the stiff ones,or do you like the softer ones.
Lot's of members will tell you that the only good fin for these kicks are jetfins.:shakehead:
It's just up to you.

THx, but I thought that is not sufficient to have fins with negative buoyant when you wear semi-dry suit. Or it doesn't matter?

THx, but I thought that is not sufficient to have fins with negative buoyant when you wear semi-dry suit. Or it doesn't matter?
AFAIK, it depends on your physiology. If you have "floaty" legs you may prefer heavier fins. I've worn Cressi and Jet fins with my semi-dry wetsuit, Turtles for my drysuit.

AFAIK, it depends on your physiology. If you have "floaty" legs you may prefer heavier fins. I've worn Cressi and Jet fins with my semi-dry wetsuit, Turtles for my drysuit.

Ok, I think it will be the best to try some types for for first but i like the jet fins. They seems to be very trustful

i like a pair of mares volos for my wetsuit and recently i have been using aqualung slingshots with my dry suit.
i have very very very floaty ankles and so i strap on a pair of ankle weights.
i love the slingshots for their three gears (1 being soft and 3 being very hard with a lot of thrust) and the slingshots make frog kicks, back kicks and turns really easy for me.

Back
Top Bottom