First attempts with the E330

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great stuff Nick - now c'mon spill the beans - which housing ,port ,strobe etc
Enquiring minds want to know :D

Oh my, your underwater gallery in Flickr is jaw-dropping!! Really I am speechless!!! :)
What were you shooting with before? Looks to me like you didnt need a new camera :) Absolutely every single one of your pictures is amazing and Timor looks to have some incredible Reef life.

starlan:
Oh my, your underwater gallery in Flickr is jaw-dropping!! Really I am speechless!!! :)
What were you shooting with before? Looks to me like you didnt need a new camera :) Absolutely every single one of your pictures is amazing and Timor looks to have some incredible Reef life.
hehe

you are new here i guess..

Nick posts sets of photos on here very regularly of the amazing stuff in Timor. He's a bit of an SB celebrity....and talented with a camera

I think he was using an Oly 8080 before

And without external strobe for some time too.. Nick is really good at getting close to the subjects... Glad to hear you moved to DSLR territory Nick... can't wait to see the results. BTW which diopter did you get? I'll be getting one for my 24-85mm zoom too.. Housing is arriving next week and 1st outing will be end-October...

Thanks all, you are way too kind. To answer some of the questions:

I am using an Ikelite housing with dual Ikelite DS 125s on dual sync cords for TTL.

The big live view screen is very nice and is considerably bigger than the one on my C8080. I can see whether the image is out of focus or not. I do not know what it is like to use a DSLR with a regular viewfinder so I cannot compare. The screen flickers a bit, which is annoying at first but you get used to it.

I did have a problem getting the camera to confirm that I was in focus with the little red dot that pops up when it locks on to something. I am also having problems getting the shutter to go only halfway down. The shutter release lever does not seem sensitive enough.

I am really liking the fact that now I can rapid fire shots. With the C8080 I had to wait what sometimes seemed like an eternity for it to let me take the next shot.

Overall, I like it lots but have a long way to go to figure it all out. I think the hardest part is giving up the C8080's ability to do a nudi's head in supermacro on one shot and then turn around and go to wide angle for a shark, the next.

Back
Top Bottom