First BCD, Zeagle Zena...love it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am finding the same problem also that the tank sits very, very low and far away from my head that I'm not able to reach the first stage with my hand. Any suggestions as to how to assist with the fit or to confirm that this is the proper fit. Otherwise I like the ability to be able to tighten the vest.

I tend to have my BC positioned lower on the tank than most people so I can reach the first stage with my hand, but not so high that I hit my head. I also hate it when tanks hit the back of my legs, so once I found the right spot, that's where I always try to position my tank.

Like with anything else, you have to find the "sweet spot", so don't be afraid to lower your BC on the tank for a dive or two.

Thanks. I tried the different postioning of the tank in the pool and it is a wonderful BC!

I have had no problems with the tank sitting low, but I've had to adjust it a few times to make sure it's just right. 2 months later, still loving the BCD. :)

My only annoyance with the Zena is the whole zipper process. This past weekend I had to put on my BCD in the water, and if you don't have all the straps loose, it's a pain to zip up in the water! I had to have my buddy zip me in. Love the zipper otherwise, keeps the BCD really snug for when you submerge. Just make sure all straps are fully loose before you attempt to put it on in the water!

My only annoyance with the Zena is the whole zipper process. This past weekend I had to put on my BCD in the water, and if you don't have all the straps loose, it's a pain to zip up in the water! I had to have my buddy zip me in. Love the zipper otherwise, keeps the BCD really snug for when you submerge. Just make sure all straps are fully loose before you attempt to put it on in the water!

I have heard similar comments about the straps needing to be loose before zipping, but everyone I know who owns a Zena love diving it.

I have heard similar comments about the straps needing to be loose before zipping, but everyone I know who owns a Zena love diving it.

Yes, just the price of having a perfectly fitted BCD! I love my Zena :)

If you're on the surface, simply lay back as far as possible on your back and loosen your straps, then zzzziiiipppp! (By laying back on your tank, you take the weight off the corset and can easily loosen the straps.)

Love, love, love my Zena! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom