First ever pics on a95. please be nice:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, with the nudibranch you must have had the Aperture wide out at F4 I think, right? I have an A 80 and thats the largest aperture on mine. The mid apertures should get most of what you can see underwater into focus though, F8 sounds reasonable. I do most of my photography above water though, diving is meditative for me - I'm afraid to turn it into an obsession to get just the right pic!

Spoon:
... most of my pics were blurred. trying most of the settings and i am still very uncomfy with most...
If you post the settings of your shots I'm sure you'll get several good tips how to help. Nice start on the picture taking - shoot and learn.

Looking good!!!

The nudi shot is very vibrant - love the colours. I think that you may be just a tad too close to him and that is why he isn't sharp. His awesome colours make a great shot, though!

The first clown is excellent - you did a great job of timing the action and of getting his eye in focus.

And you are getting great light from the internal flash - that is excellent!!

I'd hit manual and give it a go...if you don't like it you can always spin the dial. On my canon I find f5.0 or 5.6 to be really useful starting apertures. I use my decent to get some idea of what I will need for a shutter speed - for ease I usually start around 1/200 and modify from there.

I never would post my first pictures :wink:

Practice is the key to success. Try different settings in M mode, and then all will fall into place!

Have fun playing!

Scuby Dooby:
Yeah, with the nudibranch you must have had the Aperture wide out at F4 I think, right? I have an A 80 and thats the largest aperture on mine. The mid apertures should get most of what you can see underwater into focus though, F8 sounds reasonable. I do most of my photography above water though, diving is meditative for me - I'm afraid to turn it into an obsession to get just the right pic!

actually for the nudibranch i was using the cameras UW mode. auto white balance. wasnt even able to play around with the aperture. in uw mode aperture auto set to f2.8.

Spoon, the first pic of the clownfish is awesome, bro

too bad the rear end of the nudibranch is slightly off focus; it would have
been a killer pic

alcina:
Looking good!!!

The nudi shot is very vibrant - love the colours. I think that you may be just a tad too close to him and that is why he isn't sharp. His awesome colours make a great shot, though!

The first clown is excellent - you did a great job of timing the action and of getting his eye in focus.

And you are getting great light from the internal flash - that is excellent!!

I'd hit manual and give it a go...if you don't like it you can always spin the dial. On my canon I find f5.0 or 5.6 to be really useful starting apertures. I use my decent to get some idea of what I will need for a shutter speed - for ease I usually start around 1/200 and modify from there.

thanks. i tried getting as close to it as possible and tried using the m focus to get the shot clearly although i noticed that the lens has some sort of limitation when trying to go very close on macro. i will try more settings and will have more pics by end of the weekend. only settings i feel i have the gutts to tinker with are av, and fast shutter setting. when taking macro i use av mode. what do you suggest i use when taking moving objects and clownfish?

also i have noticed with your pics , you were able to fade the background to almost black, how do i do this? i

H2Andy:
Spoon, the first pic of the clownfish is awesome, bro

too bad the rear end of the nudibranch is slightly off focus; it would have
been a killer pic

you know what, i dint even notice that the back of the nudi was slightly off focus. i tried my best with that shot, how could i have made it in focus? any tips? i usually try to get good settings and cross my fingers and press the shutter button in the hopes that it will be a good shot.

Back
Top Bottom