First Pictures - G11 / Fisheye FIX / Sea & Sea YS-110a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryTX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I did my first dives with my G11 / Fisheye FIX / Sea & Sea YS-110a rig last week on a trip to Maui. I dove Black Rock twice - one day and one night dive, then did a boat dive over to Lanai at No Name Paradise and Cathedrals II. The Cathedrals II dive was unfortunately a near bust as one member of our group had mask problems and had to surface, taking the dive master with him, and subsequently another member had their tank come loose and required assistance. By the time things settled down I ended up with a shortened tour, but making sure everyone is okay comes first on any dive.

I was pleased overall, but still have lots to learn. Trying to shoot TTL on the strobe resulted in inconsistent firing. I basically shot everything on Manual 1 on the strobe, ISO 80 & f8 on the camera. I shot RAW & JPG.

I have uploaded my first pictures and would appreciate comments. Note that there is plenty of backscatter in some of them; I have done a minimal amount of cleanup in PSE and plan to do a better job when I have time.

Here is the link to the photos:

ScubaBoard Gallery - BarryTX Gallery

If I have mis-labeled any of the species, please let me know.

Interesting... a couple of comments:

The YS110's don't have the same color temperature as the G11 does, so you need to do a bit of white balance adjustment, or everything will be a bit yellow.

Pick a size you want to post and convert your images to that size. It will make them crisper and look better.

If you shoot thru almost any amount of water, you will loose contrast, so you may need to give that a small boost.

There are two huge types of underwater images... wide angle and closeups. Difficult to do both with a wide angle lens. I might suggest that you use something around 100mm equivalent (in macro or normal depending on the object size) to shoot fish and other "things", and wide angle for, well wide angle shots.

I really like the trigger image. Great exposure with a very interesting background. Great start..now go take some more.

Hey they look good? I'm trying my new camera out tomorrow, if they look like yours I will be happy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom