First Time In Bali - July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ben :)
My name is Liz and I'm a freelance Instructor living in Amed, and I couldn't recommend more highly the lovely peaceful village of Tulamben for a relaxing dive holiday!
I've heard from many locals that Kuta (near Denpasar) was a nice and quiet village some 10-15 years ago, so make the most of the time that Tulamben will be the idyllic quiet village it is right now. But I hardly think it WILL become overrun with dive centres, such as it is in places like Sanur, because most dive centre operations in Amed and Tulamben are run by the local community, and they would like their community to preserve that quiet for their traditional village lifestyle.

My partner (also an Instructor) and myself are currently assisting a local friend of ours to develop his business - Bali Dream Divers. So I've created this scubaboard.com account (for which I am the spokesperson on his behalf) to raise some interest in Bali Dream Divers and support the local community.

Tulamben village is 15 minutes drive from Amed, where Bali Dream Divers offer comfortable bungalows, which can be combined in package deal with scuba diving in Tulamben, Amed and Kubu. The dive centre/accomodation is located on the main road and roughly 50m from the beach where there is direct access to the famous USAT Liberty Shipwreck. I totally understand about not wanting to go to highly populated spots and having to watch out for other divers more than admiring the corals and fish, which is what you WANT to pay more attention to, but the best time to dive the USAT Liberty is sunrise, sunset or night dive. During the morning and high noon it's just 'crawling' with divers, and the visibility isn't the best either.
Bali Dream Divers also offer PADI courses from 'Try Dive'/Discover Scuba to PADI Divemaster, and can easily offer you a discounted rate for your combined package to include fun diving, accommodation and PADI Rescue Diver course.

Please do get in contact with myself or the Bali Dream Divers staff team for more information to assist you in researching your holiday options, Ben :) Wishing you a lovely holiday in Bali!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom