First U/W camera choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks alcina, your advice and comments on this whole portion of the board is very helpful!

You'll find that shooting RAW is extremely helpful in post processing the images, especially considering you'll be shooting UW.

Well after more reading and checking prices I went with the Oly, and now to decide on the housing. Probably going with the PT (I think it is) instead of the Ike for a various of reasons. Cost was the biggest though.

If you haven't already, read through the SP-350 threads. They have some helpful information, like the ability of the string attached to the LCD hood on the Olympus PT-030 to sometimes get caught in the o-ring and prevent a perfect seal. That was the first thing I fixed when I got my PT-030.

RAW RULES! and Ikelite does too.

The Ike housings are almost bullet proof and can handle extreme depths ( not that I am telling you to go there ). The sealing system is much more reliable the the "clamshell" thin wall housings. The drawback is that the Ike housings are a bit more bulky.

last but not least, Ike's servive is unmatched.

Cheers

Chris

Yup gonna read thru the Oly threads but just fooling around with the 350 outside with different settings....OMG the pictures blow away my little cheapo HP. Different feel to the Oly but I got sometime to play around with it before the cruise.

If you haven't noticed already, the SP-350 also has 3 underwater selections in the "scene" mode. I haven't personally tried any of them, but they might come in handy if you never get around to playing with it underwater before your cruise.

Yeah I'd like to get wet before hand but doubt I will. Would love to practice some shots U/W beforehand.

My avatar was shot with a cheapo U/W camera on the Oriskany, of which only about 3 came out of the 25 shot, the rest where blurry as hell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom