First Underwater Video with GoPro Hero 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could only get about 15 minutes in HD setting. At first I thought it was my card but then I realized the battery would die.
Did you upgrade the battery to get 2.5 hours?

No I didn't upgrade the battery. I was using the LCD screen for about 30 minutes in 1080p, 30 minutes with the LCD screen turned off in 1080p, and I wanted to see how much longer it would run and it died after about 15 minutes with the LCD on in 1080p.

The still images actually use more of the imaging sensor than the HD video, so that is likely why you're seeing some vignetting. In video modes you likely don't get any (or very little). Handling vignetting (cropping) on an 11 MP image is generally easier than handling it in Video (which is much lower resolution). Just crop it out.

No it was video mode that I was using, had vignetting on the edges of the video. I feel I have installed it wrong maybe, but I put the silicone all over where it says, 6 screws all tight, o ring in place and the lens finger tight.
I also found a tiny amount of water after a dive in the lens but dried it by taking lens off and drying.

Even so, comparing the blurfix video to video without it is still a huge improvement. Without it it is all very blurry but now only the edges of video are blurry.

Gopro hero2 is about $300, plus $10-20 for a SDHC card and the blurfix is $70 and if you want an optional filter I think another $70.
Some people also get a small tray and light.

I made another video but it is a little bit darker because it was really overcast that day.

Diving The Big Green on Vimeo

Your video skills are improving by leaps and bounds! That was very well done and not too long. It had a nice feel to it all the way through.

robin

Nice job brother! I hope my first looks half as good! Do you have a pic of your PVC set up? I have some ideas, but will have to run out and grab the handlebar/seatpost mount and then fabricate a handle. Did you weight your PVC or leave it positive buoyant? Not sure what to do about lighting. Waiting for a response fro another thread on that. Where I am heading has supposedly 100 ft of visibility and clear water, so not sure if I will even need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom