First video housing!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingprawn

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a Sony PC330 and Light & Motion housing just in time for a trip to Belize. The pics are great! The video is outstanding. I was the envy of everyone there!!!! Everyone said “how did you get such nice pics without a light?” The housing was simplicity it self. I had never been in the water with it, and came out with good video the first time.

Cons: The photo mode needs more light than video. Top of the reef was fine, but in holes and below 100 ft., stick to video.

Pros: Super stabilization works better than I could hope for. Given the surge I was fighting, the stability was very good.

kingprawn:
I got a Sony PC330 and Light & Motion housing just in time for a trip to Belize. The pics are great! The video is outstanding. I was the envy of everyone there!!!! Everyone said “how did you get such nice pics without a light?” The housing was simplicity it self. I had never been in the water with it, and came out with good video the first time.

Cons: The photo mode needs more light than video. Top of the reef was fine, but in holes and below 100 ft., stick to video.

Pros: Super stabilization works better than I could hope for. Given the surge I was fighting, the stability was very good.

Would you share the pricing info?

Also, how much time of video recording do you get?

very nice... can you share some of the vid?

I will absolutely share! This board has been a great source of info to me. I can not withhold. Problem is I filled my disk with the raw video 30Gbytes +. I’ll edit and all, then post some links.... promise.

Price: The price for the camera was 1,200. Can be found online for less, but this was close to home. The housing was 2400. A bit steep, but it is a very nice housing. I looked at http://www.underseavideo.com/ but could not get a hold of the shop to discuss the unit. My LDS had a L&M housing I could look at and hold. It was well made and very well thought out. I can not evaluate one unit over another, but I can say I like the one I got! It functioned flawlessly to 150ft. I hope to take it further in the future.

Back
Top Bottom