Fitness Members Only: Weekly Journal 4/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I've been MIA, folks. I was busy last week, and then in New England over the weekend. I haven't checked progress in 2 weeks- so I guess we'll see tomorrow. :)

chickdiver:
Sorry I've been MIA, folks. I was busy last week, and then in New England over the weekend. I haven't checked progress in 2 weeks- so I guess we'll see tomorrow. :)

Heather!!!
Good to have you back. Looks like the weather in NE couldn't have been better for your visit.
Looking forward to your WI post tomorrow.

Natasha:
Heather!!!
Good to have you back. Looks like the weather in NE couldn't have been better for your visit.
Looking forward to your WI post tomorrow.

Are you kidding? To this Florida girl- it was COLD!!!

Well further diving, walking, jogging and eating pretty well, but just enough with smaller portions, feeling better, getting more "you are losing weight/getting thinner" comments - so that doesnt hurt!

I have one word of caution for those of you going to the SB BBQ at Ginnie this weekend - watch out for those portions off the barbie, i find it so hard to keep a small portion when there is so much laid out at such functions. But at least i should get in a good few dives each day and some kayaking on sunday - hopefully.

Tonight, hopefully weights and bike, and a weigh in prior to tomorrows weight loss calculations.

A mixed weekend for me...

Managed to stick to my WW points on Saturday (if you count the bonus points for a long run!).

Sunday was on the 22-mile water station at the London Marathon and the only place to eat nearby was, yes, you've guessed it - McDonalds. One Big Mac and large fries later, I had totally undone the previous day's good work.

Anyway, I am now trying to save my points back. Going pretty well today, had my usual All-Bland and skimmed milk for brekkie, with an unbuttered bagel with ham and tomatoes for lunch. Have had an orange as a snack, which leaves me a reasonable amount of points for the rest of the day.

No exercise for me today - I run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at present.

Stick with it everyone! I lost nearly 60lbs on WW and was below goal for about a year. I am now trying to nip my natural piggishness in the bud, before all my hard work is undone.

cheers
Rosie

Good work Rosie! 60 lbs..Wow!
I've lost 12 now on WW and hoping for 2 more this week!

Can anyone tell me about activity points?

What's your query on them Natasha? I have studied them long and hard in my goal for extra food!

cheers
Rosie

Hi everyone!

I just successfully lost 25 lbs on WW plan in the last 4 months. For those of you not familiar with the plan, you are given so many points a day, in my case 20 and 34 flex pts. for the week to use. You also gain pts for exercise. Here are some suggestions:

1. Cut down on the drive thru. I used to go to fast food 2-3 times a week. Now I go maybe once a month. I haven't had a hamburger in 4 months and now the thought of all that fat makes me say YUK.
2. Snacks--there are alot of snacks out there that are filling and satisfying, here are a few: lowfat popcorn, WOW chips, low fat pringles, sugar free candy, fat-free pudding with Cool whip free topping, just about any vegetable. Smart Ones has some great tasting ice cream pops. All these are very low on points/calories and some are 0 pts.
3. Keep track of what you eat. Give yourself a calorie/fat limit per day. You'd be surprised how much high fat stuff you eat.
4. Don't think about the BIG goal. Have small ones like 10 lbs, 20 lbs etc.
5. If you blow it for a day, so what?, start again the next day. I always gave myself one day a week to eat whatever I wanted and guess what--I ended up eating sensibly.
6. Don't get discouraged if you don't see exercise results right away. I takes time to change your metabolism--keep exercising.
7. When cooking, use PAM instead of oil or butter. This cuts out ALOT of fat.
8. Weight in with a buddy. Emotional support is very important. Plus this turns it into a contest and we all like to win!
9. Eat 1/2 of your normal portion. I eat 1/2 bagel in the morning and find I am feel just the same as if I ate a whole one.

Here is one of my normal days:

Breakfast:
Juice: Langers diet Ruby Red or V8--0 pts.
1/2 bagel with cream cheese (yes, REAL cream cheese)--4pts
or Egg Beaters omelet with vegies like zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes--3pts
or bowl of special K with 1% milk--3 pts.
Morning snack:
Carrot sticks, wow chips, dried fruit, apple--0-1 pt
Lunch:
Salad with Newmans Balsamic Vinegarete dressing--1 pt. or
Cottage cheese with tomatoes or fruit--3-4 pts.
Afternoon snack:
sugar free candy--1 pt for 6 pcs.
Dinner:
Chicken either sauteed with PAM or cooked on the BBQ with broccoli or other steamed veggies--4pts
or 1 large baked potatoe with butter and light sour cream--5 pts.or
Smart Ones dinner with a large side of veggies.
One glass of wine--2pts.
Dessert:
Skinny Cow ice cream--2 pts.or
Sugar free pudding with Cool Whip free topping--1 pt. or
Smart Ones ice cream bar--2pts

I drink alot of water and allow myself 1 diet pepsi a day. I also do 20 minutes of Yoga and 1/2 hour on the tread mill at a fast walk.

I highly reccommend the Weight Watchers plan (no I am not a salesperson) if you can afford it--cost $11 a week. I figured I saved at least that much money from fast food. Plus it is a healthy way to lose weight and you learn skills for eating for life.

Another tip--weigh yourself at the same time of day, wearing the same type of clothes to get the most consistent results. Your body gains and loses differently during the day. For me, I gain at least a pound from morning to night and low and behold, the pound is usually gone by morning.

Hope this helps! Good luck everyone.
janet

Rosie:
What's your query on them Natasha? I have studied them long and hard in my goal for extra food!

cheers
Rosie

Hi Rosie!
I would like to know how many activity points we get for scuba and biking and swimming laps.

Two weeks ago I fell off the wagon. (.4lb gain) I'm happy to report I've made up the lost ground and even with the Gilboa get together over the weekend still on track and back on plan. For a net result of 6.4lbs. Aiming to hit the 30's for my trip to cozumel in three weeks.

4/19, 385 -> 349.8 -> 180 (17.17%, -35.2lbs, Week 14)

Back
Top Bottom