Fitness Members Only: Weekly Journal 4/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, its the weekend so Im eating junk again. Actually Burboun chicken right now. Id probably lose weight faster if I didnt, but I might just quit altogether if I punished myself too much. ANyway, I played tennis for 3 hours last night, then for 2 horus this morning, so Im on track. Ill do some weights and cardio tommorow, and then back to the week schedule.

I just got back from a 7 mile bike ride. I'm hurting. I feel it in the thighs big time.. I need to stretch.. Jenny..without the bike and my pool I'd be lost as far as exercise, so I know what you're saying.
Weekends are usually harder as far as junk goes for me too.
But today so far so good...

Natasha - we should touch base about the cycling bit your doing. I've been cycling for over half my life and have a LOT of info that could help you maximize your cycling experience and minimize the risk of injury. Thats great to see your out enjoying the outdoors today!!

I tossed down 2 dives for exercise today fossiling at Venice Beach, FL - found some 30ish teeth including a megalodon and some nifty fossil bones to add to the collection. Water temps were in the low 70's to upper 60's, so being the phreak I am I wore only my swimmy suit. I didnt get "chilled" so I figure I'm still layered with a nice this insulating bit of chubby :wink: Still had my Secretogogue with me, ate light but enough to replenish lost energy. Splurged and spoiled myself on the way home - got a milk shake! Dinner was a little cheat as well with some Red Stripe Beer and Steak & Chicken off the BBQ. Tomorrow, back on track w/the diet :)

Thanks everyone for the support. I was stressing over taxes plus the weight gain.

Today I was so baddd...My 5 month old neice was baptised today, and of course we had a big get together/party afterwards. My dad spent all day yesterday smoking briskets, sausage, and chicken on the smoker. My aunt makes a great potato salad, and ere was cake and ice cream...It was so dang good. I will admit I ate more then I should have, but less then I would have in the past. After all of that I went to a friends to help them move, and they treated me to dinner at Pappasitos. I don't think I'm stepping on the scales in the morning. :wink: At least I did a two mile walk when I got home.

Dee, thanks for the kind words. It's nice to know when someone notices improvements.

Colin:
Yes, I would love to hear your biking tips. Let's start a new thread.

DiverG I don't think brisket is that bad..I had some yesterday too.. it's the potato salad and ice cream and cake that will get you. It's great that you walked 2 miles afterwards! Keep up the exercise on off days..and it might help!

My journal entry for Sunday..
My usual toast with strawberries for breakfast
2 small pieces of pizza for lunch
Salmon with potatoes, & apple sauce for dinner
WW chocolate ice cream cone for dessert

Here's the good part..
I rode my bike for 7 miles again..when I was getting close to turning into the garage after 7 miles.."Hey Jude" came on through my headphones. OK who can turn Hey Jude off? I can't.

So I rode on until the song was over. I was pooped, but my reward after I showered, was David saying, "Hey looks like you're losing."

Let me tell you David doesn't say much. I can count on one hand the compliments I have received from him.
So Whooo hooo!!!

Way to go Natasha!!! Compliments can go a long way! They brighten the day and make you feel that all your hard work is not in vain..

Quick entry:
This weekend was a bust. Saturday was 2 birthday parties with pizza, soda, chips and dip, chicken wings, cake and ice cream. I found if I just stayed away from the food, I wouldn't eat as much..unfortunately I realized it after eating too many doritos.
Hopefully I made up a little bit for Saturday yesterday. I worked in the yard for a couple hours. Then pitched some softballs to my daughter. Didn't eat that healthy, but also it wasn't too terrible. Those popsicles are my new sweet addictions...need to find sugar free...

This morning I walked, and for the first time in a couple weeks I didn't look down the street to the end and think it was an incredibly long ways away. So I think I am finally over this head cold and can concentrate on my exercise. While walking I did a couple fast jogs, also stretching my arms and trying to get the most out of each step. I feel good right now, not exhausted as I have the past couple weeks. Todays meals will be the regular boring ole stuff...salads, yogurt, Kashi cereals, milk, water.

What a busy three days I had. Friday I was off work but had alot going on. I got up early did my 30 min. cardio/strength video. Then I had my breakfast and was out the door. I did not exceed my points during the day, but we went out for dinner so I had to add in and use some of the flex points. I still have 29 flex points left for the week though.

Saturday, up at 5:30am, exercised 30minutes and then off to work. I packed my thermal lunch bag with WW frozen dinners, raw veggies, a small salad, some grapes, a 4oz carton of cottage cheese and some Crystal Light to drink. I had to work straight through with no time to take a real lunch break so I was able to eat several small times during the day. I put one of the frozen dinners in our freezer to save for a day when I may need it. I did not get home until late 7:30pm so we ate some of the veggie soup I made on Thursday. I stayed well within my point range. Did not use any flex points or my activity points.

Sunday, I was on call and had to go in to work at 7am. I had to take care of a dialysis patient in ICU, so again I packed foods that I could carry on hand and eat without leaving the unit. I ate a good solid breakfast before going in to work, then had a lunch consisting of the Campbell's Cupful soup, and 6 of the Ritz Stix crackers with it. I drank lots of water and a 40 oz bottle of the Sam's flavored Burst water. That water is awesome, I love the Ruby Red Grapefruit and the Sour Watermelon over ice. Later had a Pria power bar, then got home late again, 8pm. Had a small grilled steak, with two tblsp. of black bean salsa, some cooked cauliflower and cheese. Dessert a WW frozen choc. cake (3pts) it is really good and solves that desire for choc and sweets.

That was my weekend. Hope everyone else had a good one.

Weekends are the tough part for me too. I've also managed to pinch some nerves down the left side of my body. I've done the ice thing, etc. but haven't been able to seriously exercise. Yesterday I did get on the treadmill twice and walk slowly for 15 minutes and 20 minutes then I did some slow upper body light weight lifting. My reward was heading off to the hot tub after that.
The eating part is the problem because I love to cook when we can sit down and enjoy meals together which is usually the weekends. I too am working on the portion control. I stepped on the scale this morning and had lost 1/2 a pound in a week. Not great but it's progress.
I agree though that the scales don't tell the story it's how the clothes fit.

Back
Top Bottom