Flakers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

o2 clean

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning, packed all my belongings to spend a beautiful, sunny, So-Cal. day at the beach.... and little by little my cell phone rings with people flaking last minute.

Makes me so :upset: because I was so looking forward to it, yet I don't feel like going alone either.

*sigh* :(

:boom: DOWN WITH THE FLAKERS! :boom:

Hello,

This is why solo diving is popular.

Ed

Being in the air conditioning business I don't get to play golf that often in the summer. But I was free today and It was a great day here in the Northeast.

All my friends where elsewhere. So I packed up my clubs and went to the course by myself. At the first tee there was a father and son twosome. The father was around my age. The son is a UPS driver.

I asked if I could play along with them. No problem. We had a great round.

So my point is--just do it. Hey that is a great phrase maybe I could copyright it and sell it to some company for advertising.

Well, it wasn't that sunny, if that is any consolation. I got up early intending to hit the bike path, but it was too foggy. I'll have to get fog lights for that thing.

Its funny you say that because I will intentionally schedule dives at 7am on Saturday when people tell me they really want to go out, and then I will also invite a trusted dive buddy, so at least one will show up. The other never get an invite again, and when ever they ask me to go diving, mysteriously I am always doing something else.

Travis

Ahhh...another reason to always pack a cooler with Ice and beer. If everyone bails, then I would have a day at the beach to myself drinking some beer, and having some fun talking to people I don't know....

Not all would be lost, but I'd probably never rely on those people a second time.

if you ask me. What on earth could ever be more important than diving? What is up with these people?

Obviously, we are better off without them. I had that happen to me recently too.

I have a personality 'flaw' in that I might forgive, but I NEVER forget. :mean:

I'm going to hijack this thread temporarily :armed: and wish my fellow pudding goddess a happy birthday - hope it was a good one with lots of diving, good conditions and NO flakers!
:cake:
Happy Birthday o2 clean!!!

hey o2 clean,

I'll be your beach buddy anytime. Just give me a little notice... I wont flake on you.

P.S.--> Happy Birthday!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom