Cancun airport Wi-Fi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there Wi-Fi at the Cancun airport? I don’t mind paying for it. My bargain Boom Mobile cell phone service doesn’t have service outside the US, so I’m just going to use Wi-Fi when in MX. Googling is not coming up with much.

Thanks!

Is there Wi-Fi at the Cancun airport? I don’t mind paying for it. My bargain Boom Mobile cell phone service doesn’t have service outside the US, so I’m just going to use Wi-Fi when in MX. Googling is not coming up with much.

Thanks!
Yes

You might also consider WhatsApp to give you texting-like communications with lots of services, restaurants, hotels, etc.

I have WhatsApp and was planning on using it. Thanks!

AirAlo is an inexpensive option. $10/1week for data exclusively. The airport has wifi but it’s easier not to need it

Also, when you get to CUN, be sure to have a fully charged phone or laptop. No access to any charging, that I could find.

Also, when you get to CUN, be sure to have a fully charged phone or laptop. No access to any charging, that I could find.
I have a good backup battery pack that can recharge my phone several times.

When I arrived I could not connect to the wifi at all (terminal 4). I was supposed to meet my brother there, and ended up having to turn on roaming to be able to talk to him. On my way back (also terminal 4) I was able to use the wifi the whole time without a problem on both the check in and gate area.

I would mention relying on Wi-Fi to be able to communicate is unreliable, unless you are looking to disconnect and be off the grid:) in my limited experience

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom