Flights are free, $2500 budget, live in Houston, want to go near but not Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting to Curacao won't be done on United. The flights are two leggers with overnights both ways.
You didn't specify United. Any other restrictions?

Dominica won't be either. It's two connections to there on United. Or just about anybody else from IAH.

Or Tobago without an overnight in Trinidad either one or both ways. You really don't want to do that if you can help it - if you decide to go stay inside at night. My friend is an oil guy - from Houston also - travels all over the world to some really remote places. The only place he was ever robbed - his hotel room was gone thru on Trinidad. They got his laptop, cash, passport etc. Read the state dept. report on traveling there. I understand that once you get to Tobago it's really safe though.

Bonaire. One flight direct from Houston. You'll get a great place with as much diving as you can handle for $2,500.

Bonaire. One flight direct from Houston. You'll get a great place with as much diving as you can handle for $2,500.

Yes, that's a great idea!

Can't beat Cozumel... Get a place south of town or away from downtown and do as much boat or shore diving as you want. I'll be going again for New Years and most of January. Over 100 dives in the last two years there - I think I'm addicted. Been meaning to go to Utila and few other places but just been going to Coz.

Just stay away from all the cruise ship traffic and you can enjoy the island. House rentals are the way to go.

Come join us in MX in December! We're doing another group trip to Puerto Aventuras -- we did one last year and people loved it (a number are coming back this year). You have very good, very pretty reef diving, and also the option of diving in the cenotes, which are unique. The resort's an all-inclusive and very pleasant, and lodging and diving for two will come in under your $2500. Flights would be into Cancun, and the resort will pick you up there.

Details are at www.belowandbeyond.biz/riviera_maya.htm

Last edited:
Yes sir. I will be detailed and will update the ship's log. I'm looking forward to this small little island. It's close to Houston and I think it will fit the bill and with my wife's and I funny and welcoming demeanor, we will come away happy that we did the trip. I've contacted both the north side hotel Ixchel Beach Hotel and the Carey Dive Center. United is paying the way this time. Now just have to find a dive to do the afternoon we arrive.

There are some really really (did I say really) good restaurants on that small island.

The Barlito has as good of a lunch as I have ever had anywhere!

Best diving I've run across in Caribbean is Dominica, below Roseau(Castle Comfort Lodge is where we stayed)---------2nd best Little Cayman(think: Bloody Bay Wall)........I agree, you need to get away from those sand fleas & no see'ems........btw, neither of those 2 places have bugs..:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom