Flights between Bali and Manado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone provide a ballpark figure for the cost of a flight from Denpasar, Bali to Manado, Sulawesi? I'm looking at a little side-trip from Bali to Lembeh/Bunaken next August/September, and have no idea what the cost of the flight from Bali would be.

Thanks.

Depending on when you book the tickets (how far in advance) depends on the price, I flew up the a few weeks ago for Rp1,800,000 (late booking) with Garuda, and no delays at all. I find traveling with Garuda with indo to be more pleasurable than with some of the other airlines. However did go to Ambon recently as well used Lion Air, (new boeing aircraft) whilst the service etc was good the seats were terrible, not a tall person but was very glad it was only a short flight from Ambon to Makassar, quite squeezey

I think you are making a big mistake. You have limited vacation time and will waste many hours hanging around both airports. If you are flying in/out of Denpasar, stay put.
You can do Lembeh and Bunaken (Manado) on a separate trip.

BTW, Garuda does not have a good safety record and should be avoided, whenever possible.
best wishes,
Cuppajoe

I think you are making a big mistake. You have limited vacation time and will waste many hours hanging around both airports. If you are flying in/out of Denpasar, stay put.
You can do Lembeh and Bunaken (Manado) on a separate trip.

BTW, Garuda does not have a good safety record and should be avoided, whenever possible.
best wishes,
Cuppajoe

Actually Cuppa Joe Garuda hate to disagree but has the best safety record here in Indonesia (govt owned) Mandala had a nasty scare the other day - front wheel collapsed on landing. Living here (and travelling a lot through work here) I only fly with garuda and choose the best of the others when they do not take me to where I want to go. Hard to say what the next best is but ill say the lion just took delivery of some new Boeing 737's recently but hate their seats very uncomfortable

Sorry, i stand corrected. You live in Bali , so you know the real story. In the USA, we get news of Garuda's numerous accidents. The travel agents in the USA recommend and use Silk Air when possible, because it is owned by Singapore Airlines, which enjoys an excellent reputation with Americans.
Thanks for more accurate info.
CuppaJoe

Sorry, i stand corrected. You live in Bali , so you know the real story. In the USA, we get news of Garuda's numerous accidents. The travel agents in the USA recommend and use Silk Air when possible, because it is owned by Singapore Airlines, which enjoys an excellent reputation with Americans.
Thanks for more accurate info.
CuppaJoe

Hi Cuppajoe, sure no problems, and I do agree if going into Manado go via singapore and fly with SILKAIR (4 flights in a week), So many different airlines to choose from coming into the country, but that only gets you into the country then you need to get around to places you want and the best way is to fly. And like many airlines there are delays and cancellations but that is now a regular part of air travel life (fortunately I have only had a few so far)

But the the US state departments as well as the Aust Foreign Affairs and many others advise not going to Indonesia and unfortunately most believe everything we read. If all of these places are so dangerous. Indeed tourism in Bali has picked up a lot over the last year, a recent report indicated that as of August 2007 more tourists had visited bali than in had in all of 2006.

Fortunately for the industry here tourism is slowly on its way back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom