Florida Cave Fest, November 5-9, 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll think I'll take you on on the offer sometime after the New Year.

We really need to go diving sometime.
I think I'm finally able to get back in the water! It's been a hot minute. The surface interval on my Garmin says 516 days. :( :( :(

I think I'm finally able to get back in the water! It's been a hot minute. The surface interval on my Garmin says 516 days. :( :( :(

Let me now, we can hit OG. I'm up most weeks.

Let me now, we can hit OG. I'm up most weeks.
I want to do Troy in OC first. Maybe even twice. Then, I'll go through the SF2 and get ready to go back in the cave.

I want to do Troy in OC first. Maybe even twice. Then, I'll go through the SF2 and get ready to go back in the cave.

Let us know when you are ready and we can pick some low flow cave to slow cruise in. Definitely take it easy on that back man.

I tell my cave diver students that picking up a cave diving buddy off of the internet is as dangerous as picking up a whore in a bar.

No disrespect meant to @tmassey or others who are in search of cave diver buddies.

a LOT of my early Cave1 dives were pickup dives. Sure you are diving with an unknown, but any diver can turn any dive at any time for any reason.... I never had a pick up buddy scare me so much as to have to turn a dive BECAUSE of them... though I made it clear that I would turn a dive if I wasn't feeling it. When you need to get dives in and don't have a consistent dive buddy... you do what you gotta.

I never had a pick up buddy scare me so much as to have to turn a dive BECAUSE of them
I've actually learned a lot from pick up buddies. Some taught me a few new techniques, and some served as examples of what NOT to do. :D Cavers are taught self-reliance from the beginning, at least I was. I've never had to turn a dive in a cave because of an idiot buddy, but I'm not afraid to do so, if needed.

I've actually learned a lot from pick up buddies. Some taught me a few new techniques, and some served as examples of what NOT to do. :D Cavers are taught self-reliance from the beginning, at least I was. I've never had to turn a dive in a cave because of an idiot buddy, but I'm not afraid to do so, if needed.
I 100% agree with this.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom