Florida City rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

check into licensing of rental establishments, I'd imagine there are some complications... but could be cool if you're a great network'er

I am not the typical naysayer that this response is about to make me appear, but here goes:
Florida City as a jump off every morning to the Keys/Largo....are you kidding?
The only reason to stay there is if it is a beautiful house, really really cheap, and you plan on diving in the Biscayne National Park area, or scoot down to Carysfort Reef from the Herbert Hoover Municipal marina.
I do that several times a year.
If I am staying two days in the Largo area, I want to be very close to my hotel or rented home/condo.
I want to be on the water, or a 1 minute or less walk to the water wher I can swim, sun, make sand castles on imported sand, or just get lightly inebriated and not worry about driving thereafter.
I pretty much want a 5 minute or less ride from where I sleep to the boat.
A 10 minute ride to a restaurant is OK.
Now....
This is just my two cents.
Do what makes you happy, and good luck!
Chug

Is this a scuba discussion? Move it or remove it!

you can hit the
report.gif
button and ask it be moved to a non diving forum.

(I hate reporting threads..... (unless they are spammers) so I'll let you do it :thumb:)

We have friends that just moved out of their new home in Homestead because the neighborhood had deteriorated so much that SWAT teams were running down their street. It was a new development that had gone down to a 30% occupancy rate, not enough to pay security for the gate anymore. Sex offenders and drug dealers had moved in. Cheap can be very unsafe. Not a good place for rentals either. Florida City looks kind of shabby and run down, and we just keep driving to the Keys.

I have stayed in FC a few times and I did it to save money. I did find parts of the town to be a little down on its luck, but my wife stayed with me on a previous trip and it was not "drug central." Plenty of food nearby.

I did not find the drive to long. But I was using a dive shop near the end of the drive (where the road entered he islands).

Did both the big dive shops close up in FC? I remember the flags and stopped in one and made a few purchases.

As to the question would I stay: perhaps but I would need to know more details.

divers supply and divers direct bailed out

OK. Here's the report. Went to FC with a realtor the afternoon of the 27th. Looked at three possible suspects. I liked one on 7th Court. A Haitian family on one side and a Cuban family on the other. Seemed like very nice folks. Well-kept properties on both sides. I'm in the process of making an offering to the bank holding the property. The Cuban family would like to rent it for their daughter. Might work out. The realtor says that it could take as long as three months to do the deal if the bank accepts my offer. Distance from south side of FC to Largo bridge is 17 miles (126mm to 109mm). Anyway, did a double-dip on the Speigle Grove Weds and the same on the Duane Thurs. Bottom temp was 79 both days. Ripping current on the Duane and low viz on the SG but great dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom