North Florida - Jacksonville or Panama City Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys! It ended up being a hectic last minute trip, so opted not to dive. But did make a great cave diving connection at Blue Springs so next trip when I can plan ahead I'll be doing a few with them!

I'm traveling to the middle of north Florida here shortly, pretty much smack in between Panama City and Jacksonville. It's going to be a quick trip, but could fly into either airport and squeeze in a day or so of diving. But, I really don't know much about diving in north FL, only ever done Islamorada/Key Largo. Are there dives on either side that would be worth trying to squeeze into the trip? Or are those areas OK at best?
Panama city has awesome dives! There is one shore dive at the jetties that is great, especially if you like looking at differnt fish. There are tons of wrecks to dive as well, but will be with boat dives!

If you’re gonna be in the middle between the panhandle and Jax, come dive the springs! Where will you be ant, exactly? Orange Grove is OW-friendly, as are Royal and Troy if they aren’t browned out. And there’s always Ginnie.

If you’re cavern certified, you could also check out Madison Blue and Little River, conditions permitting.

You can easily rent gear/tanks in the High Springs area, and guided dives are available if you need a buddy.

Back
Top Bottom