Florida Dive Show: Diving Blue Heron Bridge presentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember too that diving is limited by the tide and by the number of parking spaces. :wink:

Bummer. I can't make the show until Sunday.

You should still be OK:

"On Sat at 10am & Sun at 12n Suzan Meldonian will be giving a free slide show presentation about the wonderful fish & other creatures found at Phil Foster Park"

Not a problem :)

The presentation's focus is on respecting the sea, respecting other divers.... and especially the photographers :) and most importantly to get the word out that this is a no take zone. Our intention is to raise the awareness of locals and visitors, and hopefully to raise some funds for some seriously decent signage to be put in at the Bridge to broadcast that this is a natural preservatory. Its about Evolutionary Education. Everyone's excellent efforts were raised by Wetpixel's petition which was extremely successful in getting this location deemed a no take zone. We just need to take a little further. I am happy to say, I haven't seen a shloosh gun in over 8 months. New folks visit the Bridge everyday, and we feel responsible in keeping it as a terrific place to be able to go and photograph wild and weird creatures. Its all positive!

The presentation's focus is on respecting the sea, respecting other divers.... and especially the photographers :) and most importantly to get the word out that this is a no take zone. Our intention is to raise the awareness of locals and visitors, and hopefully to raise some funds for some seriously decent signage to be put in at the Bridge to broadcast that this is a natural preservatory. Its about Evolutionary Education. Everyone's excellent efforts were raised by Wetpixel's petition which was extremely successful in getting this location deemed a no take zone. We just need to take a little further. I am happy to say, I haven't seen a shloosh gun in over 8 months. New folks visit the Bridge everyday, and we feel responsible in keeping it as a terrific place to be able to go and photograph wild and weird creatures. Its all positive!

Nice to have you here on ScubaBoard Suzan :)

Last edited:
You should still be OK:

"On Sat at 10am & Sun at 12n Suzan Meldonian will be giving a free slide show presentation about the wonderful fish & other creatures found at Phil Foster Park"
I'm certain Suzan understands that her presentations correspond to the BHB high tides this weekend...

I'm certain Suzan understands that her presentations correspond to the BHB high tides this weekend...

Yes I noticed that. I told her if they give her a choice of times to ask for late afternoon.Oh well if I could miss diving to go to DEMA on a good HT day I can do the same this weekend. I'll go to the show on Sat (all day) & dive Sunday and then to compensate maybe take off Weds or Thurs? You?

(PS That means I will have to miss Kevin accepting his award :depressed: )

There wasn't anything for me at DEMA so I didn't go (and dove BHB). I'll skip the show and do some more diving

How / where would one purchase a copy of this book ? I checked your website, no luck :(

The photos are just beautiful !!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom