Florida Diver Coming to Charleston, SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrlandoRogue

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,all!

I will be in Charleston for business on October 13th and 14th, and thought I might as well stay the weekend to enjoy the sites. Any recommendations for dive sites near that area? Any and all suggetions are welcome!

Thanks,
Rebecca

Becky, Go look for prehistoric Sharks teeth and Civil War Artifacts in the Cooper River, it's a little dark but no problem or dive around Fort Sumter

Simon mentioned that possibility. Is it shore diving or does a boat take you out on the river? Do you know any dive shops in that area or web-sites that would serve as a local resource?

Thanks for the suggestions (Still teaching me things even when I am not enrolled in a course with you!),
Becky :)

You probably want to get a charter because it will be a drift dive... You can try www.charlestonscuba.com
OrlandoRogue:
Simon mentioned that possibility. Is it shore diving or does a boat take you out on the river? Do you know any dive shops in that area or web-sites that would serve as a local resource?

Thanks for the suggestions (Still teaching me things even when I am not enrolled in a course with you!),
Becky :)

we dove with freedom at depth divers (freedomatdepth.com) but if you do an internet search for cooper river diving you should get some hits. it is Black-water diving so take plenty of light. i used my 10 watt hid. If you do a three dive day your light may have to last 3 hours so a cave light works well. And be ready for some current, it varied alot from dive to dive. I found overweighting helped. We dove in feb so i put an extra 5 lbs in both drysuit leg pockets. Good Luck!! there are plenty of teeth there.

What kind of temps are there in the cooper? We have all the light we need with our HID's - although it might not do us much good, will take the buddy line as well :wink:

Looks like this trip is going to be postponed. Although Becky is still going up for work to give the training seminar, she cant stay the weekend and dive - which is a shame for both of us. Thanks all for your efforts and suggestions, will keep in mind if this comes up again in the spring!! :wink:

I just got back from diving the Cooper River. the water was 78' and the vis was a very good 18". Bent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom