Florida Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurel

Registered
Reaction score
I am living part time in Miami, FL and looking to find dive buddies. Received open water PADI certification a year and a half ago and have been diving somewhat regularly since, mostly around Key Largo with a dive shop. Getting tired of never knowing who my (vacationing) dive buddy will be. If anyone knows of any good dive clubs, or other ways to meet local divers I would be most appreciative. Thank you.

When you're planning a dive, post it here. It's quite possible someone from the board will be in Key Largo at the time. I do most of my diving on the west coast, but get to the Keys fairly frequently, it's only about a 3 hour drive for me.

Walter

Thank you, Walter. Being relatively new to diving (and this website) I appreciate any advice. Would you suggest I post my diving days here or start a new thread?

Hi Laurel,

You might also do a search at Scuba Directory for Florida and see if you can find a club near you. Or you can just click this link for a ready made search of the Florida area.

There are quite a few shops and clubs listed in the directory, so give it a try.

If you would like to list your diving days on the board as Walter suggested, I would start a new thread so that it doesn't get buried in the list of older posts.

Cheers,

Walter,
How do you drive from the west coast to the "Keys" in about 3 hours, just curious?

Don

I 75 to SR 951 to US 41 to Krone Ave to NE 8 th St to US 1 to the Keys.

Some prefer Alligator Alley and the turnpike, but I think avoiding Miami is faster.

Walter

hehe, Don was thinking the same thing I was about what Walter said ... "West Coast to East Coast in 3 hours" ... WHEW ... and I thought I drove fast ... I've made it from San Diego to Northern LA in 2 hours before but Coast to Coast in 3 hours? hehe

=-)

I think Walter is close to Daytona Beach, maybe he picked up a used Winston Cup car. Hey Walter, can I borrow it next week, need to go to NY to see the World Series?

.........and a tad farther than 3 hours from the Keys. I'm across the state and quite a bit farther south. I'm located in Fort Myers.

Walter

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom