Florida Keys Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All, thanks for all the suggestions. We reserved a hotel in Key West but its kind of expensive. Any good places to stay in Key West or other Keys along the way?

Also, any recommended places to snorkel and kayak in Keys?

I've been diving at Ft. Lauderdale for at least 4 years now with GoldCoastScuba, its been a lot of fun.

When you go through Marathon, on your way to Key West, I highly recomend a stop at the turtle hospital The Turtle Hospital - Helping Sea Turtles Survive it is a great opportunity to see their great work and see some turtles.

I also recomend doctormike's comment, the Blue Heron Bridge is absolutely wonderul. If you go during slack tide there was a lot of surge.

All great suggestions above.
If you go to the Blue Heron Bridge take the family. There us a nice sandy beach with lifeguards, a fishing pier, a fenced in playground with swings, monkey bars, etc. Lots for the entire family.

ha, interesting, thanks, Elena, I didn't realize it was family friendly. I did BHB once and absolutely loved it.

All great suggestions above.
If you go to the Blue Heron Bridge take the family. There us a nice sandy beach with lifeguards, a fishing pier, a fenced in playground with swings, monkey bars, etc. Lots for the entire family.

---------- Post added November 4th, 2014 at 09:15 AM ----------

Any recommendations for inexpensive hotels/motels in Key West? or any other keys?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom