Florida Travel Question/E-Pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the SunPass pro. It’s about 1”x1”x3” and goes in with two suction cups on the windshield. It now works in multiple states.

I use one all the time for rentals. Keep your credentials handy to associate the rental license plate to your transponder in the SunPass app or website. There is even a rental option to enter a finish date.

Don’t pay the blackmail rates :)

Beware license plate can only be associated to one transponder at a time. Took my buddy's car and tried to use my sunpass on his car for the week but at some point his brother used a different sunpass on it (now long gone) - calling the epass people and getting it removed is NOT straightforward. If someone else used it and forgot to remove it (or if rental has one associated) you won't be able to add yours.

Beware license plate can only be associated to one transponder at a time.
The Sunpass App makes it easy to add and remove cars and transponders and associate them. Very easy. You add the transponder, and when you get the rental just add the plate and associate it with the transponder. Set the expiry date for the day you leave. You can add/remove cars and attach them to the transponder easily in the app. I’m just back from a trip where I did exactly that. Super easy

Budget used to charge me 30$ with admin fees for each toll (if you don’t take the daily charge) /or $15 a day. And you can’t even pick the first and last day or anything. Now I just pay the tolls straight up when I pass them.

Anyway in the grand scheme of things I guess it’s not that expensive but little things like that bug me. Like resort fees for stuff you don’t use .. grrr Haha

Sunpass recognizes EZPass and Epass among other transponders.

I actually have to remove my Tolltag, another transponder recognizes on the FL Turnpike system, so I don't get double billed.

Florida will process transponders before they attempt to run the plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom