Floridian living in the b'oro of Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dale howllow ?? Do theses places require a boat to dive ?? Are they a shore dive ?? 42 degrees is a bit cold for me . I am up for anything before it gets to cold to dive here . Maybe plan a dive for the sept 13th or 14 th . I would love to do a 2 tanker if we could . I dont mind deep dives . Pm me if we want to plan a dive then ????

Dale howllow ?? Do theses places require a boat to dive ?? Are they a shore dive ?? 42 degrees is a bit cold for me . I am up for anything before it gets to cold to dive here . Maybe plan a dive for the sept 13th or 14 th . I would love to do a 2 tanker if we could . I dont mind deep dives . Pm me if we want to plan a dive then ????

Ever time I've been there it has been boat diving. There is a dive shop there called Willow Grove that used to rent a pontoon boat just for diving. Here is the link Willow Grove Resort & Marina on Dale Hollow Lake, TN.

There is a group going to dale hollow on 9/20/08, the link is Parrot Island Divers Scuba Lessons Dive gear and dive travel click on dale hollow trip. I am definately going on that trip. I've met several people in that group and they are fun to be around. I think that it is an all day trip, but the boat will come back to the dock several times so you don't have to stay on the boat all day if you don't want to.

I am booked for the trip now. Questions are . Max depth ? Flash lights ? I will be driving a 06 saturn ion grey in color . With a scubaboard sticker and a florida tag . And if you cant find me then look for a blue tank with a sticker on it saying " i heard a whale fart " yes you read it correct .

Thanks T storm, that validates my computer reading.

Naturewalker- I talked to the guy leading this trip a couple of weeks about and asked him about depth and temperature and he said that it like Pennyroyal as far as depth and temperature go. In other words its fairly deep but cold as hell on the bottom. If you want to go deep then I would either bring a 7mm or rent one. 7mm is all that I have so I will definately be bringing that with a gloves and hood. I would bring a small light just in case but I don't think you will need a big light.

Back
Top Bottom