Fluid goggles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a few free divers who use them, which is who they are for. I'm not a freediver, so I don't have the problems of "wasting" air to equalize my mask. :)

It doesn't seem like having your eyes open and submerged in water for a long time would be very good for them...

They don't have a nose pocket so they definitely don't use any air to equilize, unless someone can blow air thru their eyes.

They don't have a nose pocket so they definitely don't use any air to equilize, unless someone can blow air thru their eyes.

Well, the point of them being liquid-filled is so you don't have to equalize :D

But it does make sense that this would be more of a freediving thing rather than for scuba.

Wouldn't they make everything extremely blurry? I'm just thinking opening your eyes underwater versus having a mask/goggles.

I'd try a demo pair be kinda cool if they worked. You all can breathe through your reg without a mask on, right?
$295 is a little on the pricey side though. Good to see lots of open-minded experts posting here.

They are widely used for competitive freediving. A freediver diving deep pumps alot of air into his mask as the mask compresses onto their face with increasing depth. This air could have been used for ear equalization... which is usually what limits a freedivers ability to dive deeper. Switching from a traditional low volume mask to the fluid goggles can help deep diving freedivers to go much deeper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom