Rare Scubapro find today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiznutaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me why I'm excited about this random pile of regs I got today?.... I didn't even notice until I was driving home with it and noticed something was odd...

Screenshot_20240421_175503_Facebook.jpg

Bingo! Not only that, but it was a trifecta! There was a 109, 129 and 156, but it's the first 129 I've found. Started cleaning them up already!

20240421_175939.jpg

Indeed! I need to look more into that piece. I'm not very familiar with it.
Farallon's ingenuous idea of how to line the inside of you LP hose with mold and mildew. Plus, the charcoal filter would age and break up, plugging your second stage. But they were cool.

I also own a 129 (of course converted to BA). Great for side mounting, or back mounted twin tanks. It makes it impossible to confuse the left and right regs.

Is that sort of cylindrical add on a filter, or an humidifier?
The filter was useless, the humidifier instead was really great.
Better used with aerosol-grade pbysiological solution.

humidifier, from the late 70's. Farallon S.A.M. (Scuba Air Moisturizer).

Farallon's ingenuous idea of how to line the inside of you LP hose with mold and mildew. Plus, the charcoal filter would age and break up, plugging your second stage. But they were cool.
Basically the forefather of an Apollo bio-filter I take it. I pulled it apart today. Cool design.

I also own a 129 (of course converted to BA). Great for side mounting, or back mounted twin tanks. It makes it impossible to confuse the left and right regs.

This one will also be getting a full update with s-wing poppet, etc. I'll probably swap the BA cover from the 156 I just picked up over to the 129 and pair it on my sealed din MK10 / 156 combo.

This one will also be getting a full update with s-wing poppet, etc. I'll probably swap the BA cover from the 156 I just picked up over to the 129 and pair it on my sealed din MK10 / 156 combo.
This will result in one of the best regulator set ever built.
Do you have a real Scubapro 156 (I mean, the CE compliant version with larger exhaust valve), or is it a standard 150-BA, like the one I have?

Back
Top Bottom