Scubapro BCD Part ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is an old Scubapro inflator elbow.
No o-ring.

Attachments

• IMG_2516.JPG
    IMG_2516.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2538.JPG
    IMG_2538.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 35
My exact BCD and took it to the ScubaPro dealer in Sarasota. He called to let me know Scubapro no longer has a source for that gasket. It was a flat silicone washer but no longer avaliable. He suggested using silicone rubber like used as a sealant in the automotive industry. I suppose as when it is tight it can't rotate anyway but going to ace hardware and looking for a thin flat rubber washer 1st. if not I will probably try his idea as the joint on the shoulder does not rotate. Any one have any other thoughts. If I didn't know better this bcd otherwise could pass for never used.

Thanks for the reply ..someone in this thread had the same BC and took it apart for me so he could advise me ... it takes a standard oring ..don't ask what size ..but it goes on the other side of the connection from what I thought .. As soon as he showed me It was easy to fix ..5 dives on that BC since then ... Thanks for you help ..

So what about an oring size to educate all those contributors that don't know and can't see and a photo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom